2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

1995 GSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Default 1995 GSX

ok u guys and girls r going to like this paid 650 4 a running GSX yeah i said running anyway i did not say i can drive it though.

but this is the question when i put it in 1st it whould roll but not go no where and second whatever gear i tried it whould not go no where even reverse. ok someone told me it could me my pressure plate and some one told me my slave cylender i think thats how u spell it anyway. but i had clutch pressure and all my gears whould go in to gear but i whould not go any where. i still have not put a new S/L in witch is about 30 bucks at autozone. ok so anyway we dropped the tranny and my hole clutch kit looked like it was good so than every buddy started thinking of a hole bunch of crap it was put in wrong, its the wrong i dont even know what else then i was told my tranny chould be messed up but i feel the gears

this GSX is completly STOCK. this is what i need to know what do u guys think is wrong with it and if u dont think its my tranny what kind of lightend flywheel and cluth kit do i need to put in while its apart.

THANKS! hopefully! haha

Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Default RE: 1995 GSX

since you have teh trans out, and its AWD, put the trans in 1st gear, turn the input shaft by hand, and see if the output shaft to the t-case turns or not, if that dont spin, sounds like its broke inside the trans, got any pics of the clutch disc ,flywheel and pressure plate? if theyre discolored badly or the disc is worn down bad that would be a good indication..my first guess would be a trashed clutch disc, but you said it looks fine, so guess #2 is broken transmission, if you have a bad slave or master cyl the clutch wont DISengage and you woulnt be able to stop the car without stalling it or put it in gear with it running, unless the fork or throwout bearing sticks.. how did the clutch pedal feel? nothing or did it feel like it was working a clutch?

Old 11-17-2006, 10:29 AM

It could also be a broken axle. I know this is going to be pretty tough since it four wheel drive, but hey might as well check everything. I had an axel strip out on the inside on me once, it looked fine on the outside, but when I jacked it up and turned the whell by hand you could deffinilty tell it was not connected to the tranny. It did the same thing your describing, I could get it into gear but it wouldn't go anywhere, it would slightly roll since the other axel was still intact but not very far. It sounds like you just don't have a connection from your tranny to the wheels, I would also check the t-chase as he says, jack it up and put it in gear and see what moves and what not, this might help make it easier to pin point what is moving and what is not.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 AM

Oh and if ya give up, I'll buy it off of ya for 700 lol, jk.