2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

5 speed conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Banned
Default RE: 5 speed conversion

What? I said what i say to everyone who is too lazy to use google or anything else. It takes 3 ****ing mins.

He then calls everyone ******** and dicks and you defend him?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM

I dont know why you called me an *******.. I gave you the best advice you could get.. Sure you will spend about 3 go 4 grand more to buy the GST but you will spend atleast $3500 - $4500 to turbo the 420a motor.. And as far as conversion to the manual.. Like I said.. You might as well just go buy one.. By the time you get all of the things you want done to your GS, your gonna have over $10,000 into it, and only be able to get about $5000 at most back out of it.. Lucky if that.. Thats why I said just go buy a Manual GST!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM

that was more aimed at seeba over there who thinks just b/c someone asks a question that he thinks is stupid he can talk **** lol sad really b/c i have googled the **** out of most of this stuff and he thinks calling me a noob and talking **** is going to change the fact that i dont know the answer...anywayz sorry if i was a jerk towards you that was mostly at seeba...thanks for the input though im gonna get the gs for my g/f and get a gs-t in a few months so that'll prob work it all out for me...

Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Thats cool.. Till she drives your turbo car and wants that..

Ya sebba isnt the most tactfull person . But we have seen this topic a few times in the past month or 2..

Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM

oh ok i gotcha...well i never really though about it until i saw this gs for sale or w/e and i used to have a gs-t but my old man sold it trying to get back at me for moving out or w/e so as im sure most can tell up here im pretty desperate to feel the power of my old 4g63 again...i miss it and yeah lol you're prob right once she drives that turbo she'll want it haha...she's already into the whole street race scene and what not...

Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Thats gonna get expensive for you.. Your avatar your old car? Do you have pictures of it up anywhere?

Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM

yeah thats my old one i had likea million mods i wanted to do w/ it...my first step would have been a 16 or 18g turbo lol and so on from there...and no i dont have any posted anywhere but that mainly b/c i dont know where i can post them...blitz body kit prob would have been next and some halo headlights apexi n1 exhaust, headers, short ram intake, so on and so forth...

Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned

Sorry... but i think there is even a FAQ about this. I have no clue how you couldnt find it on this site or even google.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM

i dont know this site well b/c i dont really go to anything other than the eclipse forum when i have a question...are you like just searching my threads and trying to give me a hard time b/c if so man im sure there are plenty of other people on here that dont mind helping me...if you actually do want to try and help get me up to speed since im sure there was a time when you had to learn and asked stupid questions too then answer me this...dodge laser...is it as compatible with the eclipse as the eagle and if so are they cheaper and do they run the 4g63t engines so i can switch it into a 2gb eclipse gs-t

Old 03-05-2007, 05:45 PM

alrighty back to the topic:
to swap the 4g63t into the 420a engine bay i think you have already learned that is dumb b/c the converstion will cost you more than the car is worth.
to turbo the 420a up to 9lbs you are looking at (basics):
manifold
wastegate
turbo
downpipe
IC piping
IC
bov
those are the absolute minimum. you have to stay under 9psi b/c at 9+psi the rings will give. at 12lbs the rods will fail. so if you want to run up to 20lbs you are now looking at:
boost controller
clutch
boost gauge
wideband
tuning device
tuning
injectors
fuel pump
oh yea and the obvious bottom end rebuild, pistons, rods, rings, bearings, studs.
this is good up to 20lbs of boost. at this point it's time for head work. you'll need a new valvetrain, cams won't hurt, port work would be good, intake manifold and throttelbody would help out as well.
a grand total up to this point with taking every short cut there is is apx 6-7k... and pushing apx 300-350whp
OOOOOORRRRRRRR
buy a gsx, throw a 16g on there, new injectors, fuel pump, safcII, fmic. all of this is about 1k after buying a gs-t for about 1-2k above the price of a GS or RS.

Quick Reply: 5 speed conversion