2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

6 or 7 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned
Default RE: 6 or 7 bolt

I suggest someone gets educated in a place other than F&F before trying to build a fast car.

What i want to know, is if this car is a GST/GSX? Or GS/RS (never know).

First issue, Nitrous. Unless you really understand what is really happening chemically when you use nitrous, you cant use it effectively, and can actually be pretty dangerous in the hands of a moron. No, nitrous is not flamable, however, it is an oxidizer, and when combined with another substance can increace the energy released in the combustion by increacing the amount of oxygen atoms attached to the molecule chain. Now that thats out of the way lets look at the problems this can cause. Everyone knows that the more oxygen you have in a fire, the hotter it gets (yellow flame vs blue flame), so when you are using nitrous, your exhaust temps are going to go up insanely, so you can actually melt ****.

Not to mention, when you are injecting the nitrous (its through the intake) all it takes is for a little fuel to get backed up in the intake, and BANG! your intake explodes and you have a small fire, it may not be that big, but if you have ever tried to fight a fuel fire, you know what im talking about. Its super super hard. In other words yourcar can, and will burn to the ground.

Im guessing you plan on using stock internals, in which case you are more than likely going to melt something, and eventually pop your motor. Can you see what im trying to get across to you? Nitrous on a stock bottom end = BAD idea. Nitrous even on a race car = still not 100% guarenteed.

As for your choice in 'turbo', im thrilled you have chosen what kind of flange you want, now what kind if turbo do you want? Do you understand the requirements needed to compensate for the added fuel that will be needed? Or the things you will need with all that added power?

What im getting at, is you cant just walk into this and think you can do it. Its not going to happen, and if you do im going to laugh when you waste your money. In other words, you know almost nothing on the subject.

Dont be pissed, im just telling it like it is.

Why dont you start off telling us actually what car you have, what your budget is, and what your goals are. Knowing these things, you can go into this with a plan, and accuratly follow it.

Also, could you please re read your posts before you post them? They are extremely hard to read and sound as if they have been written by someone that either failed high school english, or is still taking it, and failing.

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

TE dont say that about the squirters, thats retarded.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 PM

[align=left]lol wow sebba i loved that post... seriously. im glad somebody said it
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM

i personally like the one about educating urself on the F&F part lol

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Almost poetic in its flow, doncha think?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM

i wouldnt go that far, but it was pretty good

Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

Kill my fun ******* lol

Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sebba

TE dont say that about the squirters, thats retarded.
i wont even get into this one

Old 12-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Swiss cheese bearings is the culprit lol

Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 AM

If you are getting into a 6bolt swap you better know how to do wiring. there are some differences no one ever points out. My suggestion look into 6bolt swap write-ups and see if you are up for that kind of work. But a 7bolt built right should do fine. It is easier to put a 7bolt in a 2nd gen so as a personal opinion i would say do what i am doing get a 7bol shortblock that is used and build it while you drive the car then it is a simple weekend swap and you got a new motor also you can take the time needed to pay attention to the details of building a motor right rather then rushing to get it done.

Quick Reply: 6 or 7 bolt