2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

6 or 7 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 6 or 7 bolt

Yea TSG this is why i like to stay around here because there are some people that give advice or try and answer questions with misinformed answers and its up to people that have done more research or expereince to make sure its corrected. Thanks for backing me. But try and not be to big an *******.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Yea TSG this is why i like to stay around here because there are some people that give advice or try and answer questions with misinformed answers and its up to people that have done more research or expereince to make sure its corrected. Thanks for backing me. But try and not be to big an *******.
Hahaha, yeah I'll try. I guess it's the same reason I keep coming back.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM

I guess I didnt consider those oil squirters since they are compleletly different from the 6 bolt oil squirters and in a different place. Hence the reason for the bad design of the block. Guess we need to bow to the almight steve.

By the way, maybe you dont come back because so many people like your smartass comments.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM

is crankwalk only fixed by swapping to a 6 bolt?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM

yes beacuse the 7 bolt bottom ends are the problem

Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Ya.. You can fix it by putting in a new crank and bearings. But you dont know how long it will last untill it just happens again...

Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

I guess I didnt consider those oil squirters since they are compleletly different from the 6 bolt oil squirters and in a different place. Hence the reason for the bad design of the block. Guess we need to bow to the almight steve.

By the way, maybe you dont come back because so many peopledontlike your smartass comments.
When it got to the point that everytime I came back to this site I could find a misinformed post like yours, yeah, I got irritated. So when I decided to click on that link, maybe I came with a negative perspective of what I'd find. I'll admit I'm wrong, just like I preach I expect everyone else to. I'm sorry I came in with such a ****ty attitude.

I didn't come back, because I chose not to. Not because anyonehas everasked me to, or evensuggested it.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

and also another way that has been said a "possible" fix by magnus is to replace the 2g squirters with the 1g ones that they said may be a quick fix. However they still maintain that the swap is the best way.

And advocate, yea the stupid placement is part of the reason for the problem as well as the size of the openings in the squirters. They are drawing oil from non filtered area hence they will get clogged not to mention they already dont flow as much as the 1g's, and this is what creates that low oil pressure issue and cold starting with the clutch in then puts excess pressure over time on the crank and bearing (which are also soft). This is all just what magnus has come to a conclusion since in their findings of both blocks the squirters were the only real difference. Someone correct me if i missed something

Old 12-18-2007, 04:42 PM

Ya, when I tore my 7 bolt apart, I noticed those but didnt realize they were squirters..

And steve, I didnt tear down or say TE was wrong.. I know TE is a smart person and knows what hes talking about, thats why I asked him where they were. Ya my comment was wrong, and it has been awhile since Ive read that article from magnus, but I just tore 2 7 bolt motors apart this summer, and never saw the "squirters" that the 6 bolt has.. Thats why I asked TE what he was talking about. I understand frustration about wrong stuff, but there is no need to jump on people. Info is always a good thing, but people dont want to hear it from others if there gonna be an *** about it.

Thanks for the clarification and apology, theres no need to have fueds over the net (Specially between DSM nuts.)

Old 12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

yea dont take to much offense cuz i know if he was on more and knew you he wouldnt have had the same reaction. Thats why i wasnt really jumping on you and i know what you meant by your comment. Cuz i know you know what your talking about.

Quick Reply: 6 or 7 bolt