2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

95 Eclipse, Alot of Questions. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Arrow 95 Eclipse, Alot of Questions. HELP!!!

Ok so I bought a 95 Eclipse with 40k miles on it a couple months ago. I am planning on modding it with body kit, spoiler, etc. but I'm tryin to finish the inside first. Here are my questions (I can post pics later if needed) :
1. Are reverse glow gauges hard to install yourself?
2. My (I think its called weatherstripping??) has faded alot and the chrome is exposed with some rubber too and looks bad. Do i need to replace it or can i paint it or something? Where can i get new weatherstripping?
3. I have a rust spot on the back left quarterpanel but it's not really rust it looks to be just on the surface is there some chemical i can use to get rid of it w/o damaging the paint?
4. Dashboard painting or dying - good or bad idea??? How to do it?
5. Windows are tinted but peeling, should i do it myself or take it somewhere? Prices compared to quality which is better?

Whew, ok i kno thats a ton but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 AM

1) No, you can usually find "how to's" by typing it into google
2) You could probably paint it, but it would look better just to replace it. MachV.com has them
3) Not sure without looking at it
4) Depends on the color. If you want black you can just get a black dash out of a 97-99 eclipse
5) You can do it yourself, but if you'll looking for quality, take it somewhere to be stripped. Be advised however, when a tint shop removes tint from the rear window, that shop will make you sign a waiver stating that they are not responsible for messing up your defrosting strips.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Thanks but MachV only has passenger side ones do u kno where i get both sides? And if i show you a picture of the rust spot, can you give me help with that? And just btw i ordered new gauges, ill let you know how that works out

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 AM

machv should give you the option to pick both sides. thats where I got the upper and lower window molding for mine. Just search around the site more or check for a drop down menu. Other than that I think you might have to get it from the dealer. A picture would definitely help man. That gauges should be pretty easy to install. Just remember to run the power from your tail lights. there is a green wire with white stripes in the harness under the door sill. It will be the best place to tap for power since the dash lights run off of a roaming ground.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Ok I got the gauges in, I might have messed up my speedometer tho. i tried to just reset it while the car was on and it seems to be working. Do you know any other things I could do to make sure it's accurate? Ill get the picture or the rust spot asap too, I'm goin to take it right now.
Btw i ordered a bodykit online and it should be here soon. Do you have any tips for that? Like concerning if i should install it myself or take it somewhere and price etc.