2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

95 GS-T Clutch drops???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Default RE: 95 GS-T Clutch drops???

what boost are u running, does it feel like u hit a brick wall? fuel cut maybe?

Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah your rev limiter is going to be around 7.5 K I believe.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:07 AM

maby the revlimter or other electronical device has gone bad and is overloading the computer and shuting the car down. this shouldn't be the prob but there are too many things that could be doing it i would highly suggest having the diagnostic done than decide if you want the dealer or shop to do it.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:25 PM

people have to learn about their engines if theyre going to be fixing them up. You really should try an figure it out yourself. The dealer's answer to a problem is to start replacing every single thing that 'could' be the problem, and charging you $500+ parts and labor. Think of all the $ you could save over your lifetime figuring these thigns out yourself.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 PM

You know what I think? I think that you are pushing your car to its outer limits and it's not happy. Stop trying to redline the damn car and not only will it last longer but you'll run out of stupid questions to ask.
I bet you lose your powerband at/before 6200rpm. Again, their is no need to go all the way to redline. My god!

Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM

I'm running stock boost. I guess you could say it feels like running into a brick wall. Its a big jerk like you lost a bunch of power. The cut doesn't turn off it just acts like you hit a governer. I've kept it under 7k for the past few days and not once has it cut out. Patsevo you give the worst advice ever, please don't ever post. DSM thanks for the input you seem to know what your talking about along with everyone but mr. Pat.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:14 AM

theres no harm in redlining, in fact occasionally redlining the car is good for it, it keeps the valves clean and carbon from building up. Anyway tho, did you try redlining without floooring it? thats pretty important, it will tell you whether its boost-related or not. I have a feeling you may be experiencing fuelcut, see if it happens more often in cold weather (at night etc)

Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Yep patsevo has NO idea what he's talking about. I redline my Sentra all the time. Well not ALL the time but quite frequently when in the first 2 gears to get moving quick. As for the cutting off DSM might be onto something. I hadn't though about feulcut. What size injectors are you running and how much boost?

Old 05-18-2005, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

people have to learn about their engines if theyre going to be fixing them up. You really should try an figure it out yourself. The dealer's answer to a problem is to start replacing every single thing that 'could' be the problem, and charging you $500+ parts and labor. Think of all the $ you could save over your lifetime figuring these thigns out yourself.
The only reason i would go to the dealer is they have equipment to tell ya if one of the sensors could be the problem you are right a dealer could nickle and dime ya ta death but you could do the same to yourself if you start puting bigger injectors or fuel pump than it dose not fix the problem but it seams as if that was the problem and come to find out it was a bad or recalled sensor and a simple dignostic of the motor could have told you that. all im saying is what you said earlier pin point the problem it can save you time and money.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:21 AM

I wasn't trying to give advice. And especially to supid people.

Quick Reply: 95 GS-T Clutch drops???