2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

97 gs-t what do you guys think help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Default 97 gs-t what do you guys think help me please!

ok i found this car on ebay...the guy who is selling this car lives about 4 hours from me..i did manage to get in contact with him and he told me i could go over and see the car! heres is the info...please guys tells me what you think i need your opinion! and is there anything else i need to ask him?

Mitsubishi : Eclipse GS-T SPYDER
Transmission: Manual
Miles: 86000
HKS Air intake (Green Mushroom design)
-5Zigen catback bolt-on exhaust
-Ractive Front Strut Tower Bar
-Eibach ProKit springs
-Ingalls Camber Adjustment kit
-Clear corner turn lenses
-Kenwood CD player/MP3 head unit
-JL Audio speakers
-Aftermarket alarm with keyless remote entry and motion detector
-Indiglo Gauges
-Floor mats
-Two shift ***** (blue Tenzo R and generic metal with shift pattern on the top)
-Black Nose Mask/Bra
$$$$$$$2995

I DID NOTICE THAT BY THE ENGINE IT LOOKS LIKE RUST OR EM I WRONG?

this is what he told me
"The clutch is working properly. No mechanical problems at all with this car. All the electrical system is working like new. I have it's clean&clear title in hand. Also the car hasn't been involved in any kind of accidents. The Eclipse is perfectly drivable. Overall condition: A+. I am a non-smoker.
I can ship the car to your location for about $420.
Also the price is $2995."I'm selling the car for $2995 because i have a new car coming and noone will be using this one. No engine problems and no defects at all. I'm very honest with you."

Old 03-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Default RE: 97 gs-t what do you guys think help me please!

From what i see from the pictures it is a very nice car for a good price and pretty good miles, i have a 3g spyder eclipse and it is awsome!! If i were you, i would definitly go over and look at the car in person and drive it and then make a decision. Also see if the guy has a carfax on the car, if he does, make sure it is up to date.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:15 AM

this is the vin number 4A3AX55F6VE121178

Old 03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

wow this almost seems like an umbelievable price for the shape the car looks to be in. Defineteyl needs a test drive though or some kind of warranty first, i'd be very cautious.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM

yeah i was thinking about it and it has to have something for it to be that low of a price...i dont think he is offering warranty on the car

Can some look at the picture of the engine and tell me if that is rust or maybe its dirt im not sure ok thanks

Old 03-03-2006, 01:42 PM

I don't think so, it looks more like grease. If the car had blown gaskets, or he spilled oil while changing it, and it mixed up with some dirt, and he never cleaned it, once it heats up, it forms grease. It happens :/

Car looks great. but, go here if you haven't already... http://www.carfax.com/ Check out the car's history. If it's a lemon, it will let you know. I beleieve that if you end up buying the car, and it turns out it's a lemon, they have a buyback guarentee, or something like that, I'm not really sure how it works. It's all explained there though. Let us know what you end up doing man. Later.

-brandoN^-

Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Sounds too good to be true,alot of fraud on ebay lately,please check it out thouroughly and dont jusp the gun,there are alot of people doing crazy things on ebay[sm=pcwhack.gif]that smiley is friggin awsome!lol

Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM

man that car is going for over $5000 already,that sucks

Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Is it just me or does it look like he never changed/cleaned that filter it looks filthy as well as the engine. Might not have properly maintained it. I would be carefull.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Check the car and test drive it. I wouldn't do anything without checking it out thoroughly first but even if the engine ha some minor problems for that price it's a damn good buy!

Quick Reply: 97 gs-t what do you guys think help me please!