2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

add turbo to my rs or buy a gs-t

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Default add turbo to my rs or buy a gs-t

ok i just found this forum thank god!! ok im selling my 1998 mitusibishi eclipse (rs) it was a gift for my bday 1 year ago. so i got into details and i need more hp...heres my question should i add turbo to my eclipse rs( yes i know i must add more stuff in order for the car to work pefect ive been reading articles in the forum) or should i just buy a gs-t

what would be better...add turbo or just buy a gs-t

by the way if any one lives in miami and is selling a gs-t let me know thanks!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Banned
Default RE: add turbo to my rs or buy a gs-t

Just save your self the aggravation and get a gs-t. The money you will dump into the RS will not be worth it, and niether will the power out put. Also the amount of time you will need to tune the car, it would end up being a very unreliable car. Save your pennies and get a GS-T.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:05 PM

ok cool i guess im sticking to buying the gs-t! what would be a good price for a used gs-t ( mileage also) ive seen a couple but im not sure for example a 1997 gs-t mileage=65,401 and the guy is selling it for $9,988 ..i went to autotrader.com....if you have any good other websites that i can search for that would help me out. this other guy is seeling a 1998 gs-t with mileage of 90,000
and hes selling it for $6,900 ( gs-t ) click there to view the car..something has to be wrong with the car for him to sell it so cheap...

IF ANY ONE IS SELLING A GS-T IN MIAMI OR SOMEWHERE NEAR MIAMI PLEASE POST!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:29 PM

before jumping all over a car test drive and inspect them throughly. also go to www.kbb.com and see what the bluebook value you do not want to be upside down in a car evan if it is a gst /gsx.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:58 PM

yes of course i have to test drive it and everything my dad will go with me so that should not be a problem! but thanks for the site im gonna check it out!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 03:03 PM

KBB is old news now... no dealer uses it anymore unless they are calculating a trade because kbb shows lower. I cant remember what they use now though

Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM

emonz you have any good websites so i can find a car...autotrader only has automatic [:'(]...and the ones i like the guys dont even respond so whatever....and kbb did put the price real LOw...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: clos36

emonz you have any good websites so i can find a car...autotrader only has automatic [:'(]...and the ones i like the guys dont even respond so whatever....and kbb did put the price real LOw...
kbb is just to get the price range idea of what a car is worth even though it isnt used anymore or often. autotrader is the best bet but youll need to search a big area and be willing to drive for the car. I always search the 200 Mile radius from my zip code on autotrader. but that is the best youll find or maybe cars.com I think is another

Old 01-24-2006, 03:21 PM

ok cool il try that i woulde only put 75 miles but i iwll put more this time thanks both of you for the help

Old 01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Clos36...its gonna take time to find a good deal. What are you looking to do for mods.....how far do you want to take the car?

PS If your looking for values this is the value standard http://www.nada.com

Quick Reply: add turbo to my rs or buy a gs-t