2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

AGAIN!! !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Default AGAIN!! !!

i think the solution to my problem would be push it off a cliff. but i need my car. anyways its pulling its crap again. Start it and it revs. to 4000 rpms. and its not cooperating at all. I'm really pissed off right now someone please give me some idea on how to fix this.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned
Default RE: AGAIN!!

ECU? Any check engine lights?

Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked the TB? or the coil where the Trottle cable is to see if its stuck. Have you adjusted your BISS screw. Maybe the FIAV is clogged.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM

no cels, BISS screw? i have not adjusted anything on it. had it maybe a month and a half. FIAV? I can check the coil by the throttle cable, have not checked the TB. Im at a loss here, so very frustrated.[:@] sorry about asking about the terms im a eclipse noob.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Was your car an auto? It may not solve your issue, but I think a good intake cleaning wouldn't hurt. Get some carb cleaner and intermittently spray down the intake. I would also take some Seafoam or MCCC (MOPAR combustion chamber cleaner) and have it sucked up through the intake also, do this in short spurts also. This will clean out the injectors too.

As for the high rev, I ask if it's an auto (sorry, I don't remember) because my A604 used to do that too...turns out it was because I used some crappy tranny fluid from one of those oil change places and forgot to get it flushed soon enough.
Aside from that, your TPS could be out of tolerance, going bad, or just plain gunked up with carbon, dirt, etc.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Banned

I told him to clean the TB before... i also said adjust the BISS.

How does that clean the injectors? I always thought you could only clean injectors by passing fuel through them in reverse

Old 06-21-2007, 03:22 AM

BISS screw?
Base Idle Set Screw

Old 06-21-2007, 03:38 AM

It will clean it if he puts some Seafoam in the gas tank. I thought it, but looks like I forgot to type it, lol.
Both sides of the pintle can get gunked up, most of it is where the fuel comes from, the fuel rail side. Not that it goesn't get gunked on the front side though. Seafoam or MCCC can clean it through the fuel rail side and eventually clear out the front side of the pintle. That's how those shops clean them out down south, lol. That's also how I was taught to clean the combustion chambers and injectors. The other way that I've been told was to take out the injectors and...I don't remember what they do after that, lol.
If you don't want to put any in the gas tank, I've used STP (or similar) fuel injector cleaner. Two bottles of it within a months time...not two bottles in two days though. I'd give it two weeks.
One thing to note is that if there is gunk in the fuel line before the filter...it will end up in the filter, so you'll have to change that too, eventually.
BTW, how old is your fuel filter? That won't cause the high rev, but if it's old, it's old

Does your car ever go on the interstate and driven at higher speeds for at least 10 minutes? If so, don't worry about the injectors, but I would still clean the TB.

Just a note about Sebba....
From what I've noticed Sebz has been on the ball and his suggestions are very sound and even nice (<--I know, right?), guys. So, if you guys only see his description under his name (which doesn't fit him as of lately, btw) and toss his suggestions out the window because you think he's just being an ***, you'll only hear the same suggestion again by someone else later. Now I haven't been following his posts, he just happens to post in the threads I open, lol
...just my observation...
Btw, I like the sarcasm in the sig Sebz.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Banned

Hahathanks Silver. I frequantly get ignored for some reason. Then someone that they are listening to posts the same thing i did, and suddenly "WOW YOUR A GENIUS".

If im going to have a rep for being a dick i might as well laugh and joke about it,but its not a good rep to have. Hense why in the past 6 months i have toned things down a little and only flamed where 100% needed

Maybe its time to pass on the title. There are others more suited lol.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:38 AM

true sebba

Quick Reply: AGAIN!! !!