2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

ALL WHEEL DRIVE GS-T??!!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Default ALL WHEEL DRIVE GS-T??!!

A freind of mine sent me a link from Ebay with a AWD gs-t which cost him a lot of money maybe all 30 k was spent in the swap is this true or is this guy bs ??? also i never seen anyone do the exhaust any one know how to do it or get parts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned
Default RE: ALL WHEEL DRIVE GS-T??!!

Its just a dump for the exhaust, and I have heard of it being done, I dont see any outstanding evidence that makes me believe its AWD. There is one point where he hits it and hits the rev limiter???????? I dont know....

Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 PM

yea i wasent sure either he never reved high enough to see which wheels would spin if any at launch usaly awd does a very short spin, from my experince with audi a4, how does the "dump exhaust work?

Old 04-18-2006, 12:06 AM

holy mother of god the engine bay and intereior wireing is sooo hacked it looks awful. but other than that I say yes it is AWD. basing that off of a friends GST with alot less mods when my friend hits it in first gear all he does is spin tires and gfet wheel hop that car in first gear has no spin from a slow roll like the GST does.

and AWD in the EVO wont spin unless you drop the clutch it will just go if you launch it right. a clutch drop will churp and thats all unless you making a ton of power and youll be buying new drive train

Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 AM

that guy went a hell out of his way to get some very "special" parts for that car, but dam did that look ****ty(motor/int) wiring.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:03 AM

that car is from a guy on my local san diego forum, and another guy on the forum did the awd conversion for him. i can tell you it is awd, it is a very clean car and it is a very fast car. its not my thing to buy modded cars i like to do the work myself, but for somsone who wants to buy a rare awd spyder fast eclipse, its worth every penny

Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 AM

just as a FYI....

AWD GS-t = GSX

Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM

It may be true that he did it, but it does not take 30 k to do it.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

I have only ever heard of 2 people that have done it... and had it with no problems. Now i can make that 3. The conversion i think costs like 15-20k depending on how much you pay for parts and labour. Plus all the other things he has done to it... it looks like he could very well have spent 30k on the car.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: halloween31r

It may be true that he did it, but it does not take 30 k to do it.
he did not say it took 30k to do the conversion, he said 30k invested, that includes car, conversino and mods, and since he says hes selling the car for less than half of that (less than 15k for math deficient) its a steal. that is a fast car.\

but the way, the conversion does not cost 15k. the parts can be found for a few thousand, but it is a VERy labor intensive job. the guy who did it said that he only did it to see if he could, but that he wouldnt do it again because its just too much work, and he'd feel bad for charging what it actually is worth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALL WHEEL DRIVE GS-T??!!