Almost done with swap. Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned
Default RE: Almost done with swap. Need a little help

x2 congrats

Old 12-09-2006, 01:00 AM

sweet, im doing a 6 bolt swap into my 95 tsi awd, so i got to make sure i do what u did with the cam sensor

Old 12-09-2006, 03:42 AM

Now pray for no random missfire CEL and ur engine running on 2 cylinder off and on. If so get DSM link or the mods suggested.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:39 AM

Is the hole in the block supposed to be in the same spot as the 7 bolt for the knock sensor? Thats the only thing i dont have plugged in... I cant find the hole for it? Am i gonna get a CEL if i dont plug it in?........or will the motor just explode without it?

Also im having slight clutch problems. theres almost no feel until about 3/4 of the way down. It kinda just feels like its either on or off. Ive bled it very well....i think the slave cylinder might just be bad.
Any thoughts?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

I went to the magnus website and the diagrams they have for the cam sensor, dont have the same color wire as the one im using. I made this crappy picture to show you how its hooked up. Is this right?

Ok, I know you got this issue resolved but I wanted to put a referrence up from RRE.

^^ http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1gcasin2g95-96M2.htm

Did you by chance invert the plugs or do you have DSMLink to invert the signal for you? If neither, I would recommend inverting the plugs like it says in the link.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:35 PM

thats the same thing that is on magnus

Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Is the hole in the block supposed to be in the same spot as the 7 bolt for the knock sensor? Thats the only thing i dont have plugged in... I cant find the hole for it? Am i gonna get a CEL if i dont plug it in?........or will the motor just explode without it?

Also im having slight clutch problems. theres almost no feel until about 3/4 of the way down. It kinda just feels like its either on or off. Ive bled it very well....i think the slave cylinder might just be bad.
Any thoughts?
You won't get a CEL if the knock sensor is not connected but you will/may possibley get a lot of knock that you might not be aware of or the computer also. If the computer doesn't know, it won't be able to pull timing back. As for where the knock sensor goes...

[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/FD729B789B5646D7A4EF4A5A6E1AE5DF.jpg[/IMG]

or

[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/DB923CD89841415DA1529739C8517B29.jpg[/IMG]

As for the clutch engagement, it may be a bad slave. Check for leaks by the piston by pulling back the rubber boot. Look for leaks on and around the master.
If it's all good, bleed it. Another thing to do is move the engagement point on the pedal itself. Anytime any clutch work is done, you should have to adjust it every time....unless the point is dead on that is

Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 PM

thats the same thing that is on magnus
Yeah, but that post shows a good visual referrence for anyone searching how to connect a 1G CAS into a 2G

Did you swap the plug wires?

You had the two black wires inverted also, correct? As in they were just backwards and that was causing you to have issues?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:41 PM

So with the CAS inversion and plug swap, the car shouldn't give random missfire. I thought i had this all understood. Need some clarification. Or was it just for the 95-96 ECU and the 97 ECU and up didn't require the plug swap and CAS inversion.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 PM

93-94 hall effect CAS seems to be the most wanted when it comes to swaps in 2Gs because they are more accurate and they don't have misfiring issues.

I have a 95 EEPROM ECU with my mutt motor and I had misfire issues before DSMLink. I think I read somewhere that the non-EEPROM ECU motor swaps from 2GBs were fine without inverting the signal or wires. Let me do some more research on that and I'll get back to you bud.

Quick Reply: Almost done with swap. Need a little help