2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

another advice topic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: another advice topic

i know shep doesn't dd his car. the kind of no ic race setup you are talking about is made for huge turbo's that create boost that is not near their peak capabilities so it's not as hot and also usualy run alky/meth injection 100% of the time and using c16 ALL THE TIME. yea if i ran straight c16 w/ 750 injectors badass tune and every suporting mod along w/ some engine work and some weight stripped out of the car.... yea, you may hit the 11's but in a DD street car you are looking at mid - high 12's.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:27 AM

It is clear that you are a bench racer. The cars running 11's that I personally know with a 16g were street driven and had a fmic and blah blah blah. No meth and ya race gas....why not right?

I am done with this thread and your side stepping responses. You have made it clear to everyone that you know nothing about tuning a car.

Here is a little site that might help you a bit:

http://dsmtimes.org/times.php?Header...16g&Page=1

Oh wtf!!!! 9's and 10's with a 16g!!!! That would not be impossible in your bench racing world!!!!! Must be lies all lies!!!

P.S. You dont need the biggest turbo out there to run good times, just a little know how. But, I guess you can continue to think that you need every part that is offered and not know **** about what it actually does.

Happy tunning!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Oh wait one more. Hmm how do you know that Shep doesnt DD his car? After all that is his title "fastest daily driven DSM." Complete with a license plate. If you would like to ask him I can PM you his cell phone number. LMK

Old 06-23-2007, 04:41 AM

This hasn't gotten out of hand yet, but let's keep it civil and on topic guys.

ORIGINAL: theinnereffect

ok so i have a 95 gst that is completely stock and I want to get at least an intake and exhaust for the exhaust i was gonna go with the apexi n1 catback and for the intake i wasnt sure on that one ive seen some that are just the filter and those are around 100 as opposed to the kits that are about 250 is there a difference in performance if so which would you reccomend? once that is done i wanted to go about upgrading the turbo i was thinking the 16g its about 600 bux but i need the kit to install it as well what would i need before i try going for the 16g and where can i get it at an ok price i know one is the manual boost control but what else would i need? also what brand would you reccomend because there are so many for everything i figured the exhaust is gonna be about 500 the intake 100-200 depending on what i get and the 16g with install kit lets say 700 so that adds up to about 13-14 hundred dollars i have about 1,600 to spend so help me out guys you too sebba cas i know you know ur cars!
The intake, I suggest replacing the stock snorkel with an aftermarket one and a filter with the filter adapter.
http://dsm.dejonpowerhouse.com/edit/2-01.htm

The N1 is fine. You do know that you don't have to buy a prefabbed exhaust right? You can buy the can and cat seperate and have a local shop fab one up for you, sometimes less that the prefabs.

The E316G is a good choice and it WILL flow more at the same boost levels as the stock turbo...especially compared to the T25 which won't even hold boost to redline and hold it.
Before turning up the boost past 15psi I do recommend fuel management device, larger fuel injectors,larger fuel pump, AND an AFPR. If you go with an AFC 650cc-660cc is the highest they can control unless you get a MAF+T, there you have two piggy backs though.
As for where to get the E316G, google it and you will find a lot of places sell these turbos since DSMs are pretty popular. Just don't buy from ebay unless you can be certain that it's an MHI and not an IHI
version. DSM shops like Extreme PSI, Dejon powerhouse, DSMotorsports, RRE, etc...

Old 06-23-2007, 04:47 AM

i always see turn your boost up to 15psi and what not. i dont have a turbo but how do you increase the boost pressure, just curious

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: lycan84

i always see turn your boost up to 15psi and what not. i dont have a turbo but how do you increase the boost pressure, just curious
An aftermarket boost controller, manual or electronic, will allow for a raise in psi.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:01 AM

Ah HA !! Thank you.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: spinz4

Oh wait one more. Hmm how do you know that Shep doesnt DD his car? After all that is his title "fastest daily driven DSM." Complete with a license plate. If you would like to ask him I can PM you his cell phone number. LMK
I dont really wanna post ***** this thread, or tell you that youre wrong in any way, but seriously dude, youre way too hostile to hold a decent conversation with, please keep it down, or chill a bit, or in case brain failure, or highly unestable emotional issues dont let you, please ignore him and his posts and we'll all be fine