2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Another Guage Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Default RE: Another Guage Question...

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

boost and egt. dont waste you time with an air/fuel gage like i did. especially dont waste time with oil pressure, voltage, all that crap. its ricer useless stuff
I would like to get an EGT in my EVO as well. A\F guege is only good if it is a wideband otherwise your waisting your money. you can Tune an SAFC off of a EGT as well it is not anywhere as easy. I personally rather look at my exact AFRs but temp is important non the less
you are right, i guess i should clarify: dont waste your time with a blinky autometer air/fuel gauge. widebands are good, better than egts, but egts are also nice to have and tell you if timing is being pulled, but not 100% needed. hey, i dont have one.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:12 PM

boost and egt. dont waste you time with an air/fuel gage like i did. especially dont waste time with oil pressure, voltage, all that crap. its ricer useless stuff
I would like to get an EGT in my EVO as well. A\F guege is only good if it is a wideband otherwise your waisting your money. you can Tune an SAFC off of a EGT as well it is not anywhere as easy. I personally rather look at my exact AFRs but temp is important non the less
you are right, i guess i should clarify: dont waste your time with a blinky autometer air/fuel gauge. widebands are good, better than egts, but egts are also nice to have and tell you if timing is being pulled, but not 100% needed. hey, i dont have one.
I dont have an EGT either but it came down to that or the wideband. The wideband seemed more of a good idea. And From tuning with it I had no troubles at all. I mean its easy to read compaired to the EGTs digital blaring in my face is nice. I would like to get an EGT though temps are important too.

So PooT is you really should what I would do it buy a boost and EGT put the 2 of them in the side pod things for the cluster and then if you save and buy the wideband later mount that where your Turbo Timer is so you can see it in your face. It really is good to have right in front of your RPMs.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Either way it's still not gonna be cheap....

Old 03-17-2006, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Either way it's still not gonna be cheap....
ya but EGTs are like half the price of a wideband.... depending on what EGT guage brand and what Wideband Mine is a cheap one at $250

Old 03-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I know. Guages aren't cheap EVER... I'm gonna go with a pretty light show AFR for now I'm not gona be tuning the Quest anytime soon anyways...

Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Yeah I know. Guages aren't cheap EVER... I'm gonna go with a pretty light show AFR for now I'm not gona be tuning the Quest anytime soon anyways...
why bother that is a waiste of $60-$100 it isnt doing anything, you could go buy a boost controller and a Type S BOV for $100 lol

Old 03-19-2006, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Because I got a boost guage, AFR, and oil press guage for $85. That's why bother LOL... Besides the ones I got are all tinted. I LOVE the fact that you can only see what the guages are when teh car is on. And if I get a new set of guages I'll probably try to figure out a way to get the tinted glass out of the current ones and onto the new ones

Old 03-19-2006, 04:05 AM

I dont have an EGT either but it came down to that or the wideband. The wideband seemed more of a good idea. And From tuning with it I had no troubles at all. I mean its easy to read compaired to the EGTs digital blaring in my face is nice. I would like to get an EGT though temps are important too.

So PooT is you really should what I would do it buy a boost and EGT put the 2 of them in the side pod things for the cluster and then if you save and buy the wideband later mount that where your Turbo Timer is so you can see it in your face. It really is good to have right in front of your RPMs.
I will look into that. thanks. So a Boost and EGT to start out with the Pillar. cool. so tempting to use my next paycheck lol

Old 03-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

yeah boost is a definate and the EGT would likely be a good place to look after that.