2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

another problem.........lol auto rev? weird idle.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Default another problem.........lol auto rev? weird idle.

ok well my car usually idles at 750-800 but sometimes when im accelerating. and i let go to shift, foot not on gas , foot on clutch the revs stay put for a sec or two and then go down but slowly. and then seems to idle at 1200 for a good while, and then work its way down to 800-900.........i have no idea why this happens. it seems to stay high idle. but its also only at night when the air is cold. is this normal? it never used to do that. also i sprayed the throttle body things that moves (lol cant think of the name) with wd40 to try and see if it was sticking. and i guess it wasnt that. and then i put my foot under the gas pedal to try and pull up, and its not that either. please help.........thanks
-shane. and yes its a turbo lol

o yha when i first started it up, my fog lights were flickering...........and now they work they just did it when it first started up. i have no idea if this will help

Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: another problem.........lol auto rev? weird idle.

try taking your TB of and cleaning the inside with carb cleaner. I had the same type of thing and mine was just the TB coil that you were talking about, but maybe yours is just really dirty.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 AM

could be a nice boost leak

Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Either a boost leak or yout TB is sticking

Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 AM

I agree, sounds like your throttle body is sticking... does the gas pedal feel loose as the car idles down?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

I agree, sounds like your throttle body is sticking... does the gas pedal feel loose as the car idles down?
it doesnt feel loose, idk, thanks for the replies guys. can a boost leak mess with idle?

even if my idle is normal most of the time, and vacuum never leaves 19-20, it can still be a boost leak? also wouldnt a boost leak cause me to have a type of cut when i drive?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM

it doesn't sound like a boost leak to me... can you still rev it and get on it as high (rpm wise) as you want?? it sounds either like a tb problem or some kind of computer problem b/c of the flickering fog lights... first suggestion, the free one. take the tb off, clean it, thouroughly, make sure it's free flowing and moving then see what happens. after that let us know what happened, if anything.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

This will sound stupid... (and I may get flamed for it) but, try a different battery... My alternator in my TSi went bad, and thusly didnt charge the battery... we put a brand new batt. in it to get it a few miles away and park it at a friends house(his garage is bigger lol) towards the end, when the battery was giving up and almost fully discharged it had effects like that.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

This will sound stupid... (and I may get flamed for it) but, try a different battery... My alternator in my TSi went bad, and thusly didnt charge the battery... we put a brand new batt. in it to get it a few miles away and park it at a friends house(his garage is bigger lol) towards the end, when the battery was giving up and almost fully discharged it had effects like that.
the battery symbol doesnt pop up though =/

Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

it doesn't sound like a boost leak to me... can you still rev it and get on it as high (rpm wise) as you want?? it sounds either like a tb problem or some kind of computer problem b/c of the flickering fog lights... first suggestion, the free one. take the tb off, clean it, thouroughly, make sure it's free flowing and moving then see what happens. after that let us know what happened, if anything.
yes i can go as high as i want. i just re oiled the throttle body, and right now its HOT high 70's low 80's like summer, and the idle was at 900 ish, so i turned it down to 750. vacuum at 19-20 and it didnt seem to stick when i throttled up, but now like my other post , my belts arent squeaking but it sounds like a pulley is 'grinding', i have no clue...........

Quick Reply: another problem.........lol auto rev? weird idle.