2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Anyone done this?

If you want to by it piece by peice get the boost gauge and MBC first You need the gauge in order to use the MBC, then move from there to fuel and SAFC or FMIC or something Buy the turbo last

Old 03-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Sounds good to me..I'm going to go with the Autometer Ultra-Lite mechanical Gauge. Are there any objections to that one? Also what would be a good MBC to buy?

Old 03-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

mbc arn't really all that different. Some are allitle easier than others. I would just go onto ebay and do a search for one. Then see what you can get. You will find alot of home made one's just stay away from those and you'll be fine. Any type should be good its just all a matter of preference. On my car i just had a very basic mbc. It wasn't even name brand and it did the job. Actually Emonz is now using it with his EVO and it works fine.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

mbc arn't really all that different. Some are allitle easier than others. I would just go onto ebay and do a search for one. Then see what you can get. You will find alot of home made one's just stay away from those and you'll be fine. Any type should be good its just all a matter of preference. On my car i just had a very basic mbc. It wasn't even name brand and it did the job. Actually Emonz is now using it with his EVO and it works fine.
works up to 21 PSI so far

about the autometer they are not bad gauges but they are refferd to as HondaMeter because they are kinda cheap and basic looking and every ricer slaps those brand gauges in. and Mechanical means that it is using a VAC from the gauge vs electric that im sure you can figure out that it works electronicllty (and electric is a little more accutare but you would never notice)

Old 03-10-2006, 11:03 PM

Honda Meter...hahahaha. well i'll look into some other ones then and see what I can find. Thanks for the help with the boost controllers. I think i'm going to go with the Turbo XS one and see how that plays out. Do you know the name of the MBC you have Emonz?

Old 03-11-2006, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: ziggy88

Honda Meter...hahahaha. well i'll look into some other ones then and see what I can find. Thanks for the help with the boost controllers. I think i'm going to go with the Turbo XS one and see how that plays out. Do you know the name of the MBC you have Emonz?
it is no name brand just el cheapo I guess prob worth about $30 or so im sure lol but it does the trick

Old 03-11-2006, 02:28 PM

Damn I wish I knew where I could get it because I would just buy that one

Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM

the 16g can definitely make some good power, but you dont need everything you are listing initially, you just need to make sure your intake/exhaust is freed up. bigger ic is also a good idea if you live in a warmer climate but not absolutely necessary just yet. as for fuel upgrades, all you need is a fuel pump to run 15-16psi, and that will blow away the stock turbo on any boost. to run 17psi+ then you are talking bigger injectors/safc etc

Old 03-11-2006, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

the 16g can definitely make some good power, but you dont need everything you are listing initially, you just need to make sure your intake/exhaust is freed up. bigger ic is also a good idea if you live in a warmer climate but not absolutely necessary just yet. as for fuel upgrades, all you need is a fuel pump to run 15-16psi, and that will blow away the stock turbo on any boost. to run 17psi+ then you are talking bigger injectors/safc etc

Oh ok thanks for the input. Any suggestions on the fuel pump brand?

Old 03-11-2006, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ziggy88

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

Oh ok thanks for the input. Any suggestions on the fuel pump brand?
Walbro its the one every one uses. and I would still get injectors and a tune first Id rather be safe off the start a FMIC is not needed but if you want higher boost you prob should.

Quick Reply: Anyone done this?