2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Automatic or Manuel??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Default Automatic or Manuel??

I've been looking up the differences between auto and stick...i can drive both. im wondering which is going to be better for me and why? in your oppinion what is going to be better and why?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Automatic or Manuel??

It depends really what your going for. If your gonna race it a lot, a lot of people will tell u stick. I preffer stick over auto b/c I like controlling what gear I'm in and gas milage is better w/ stick.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:22 PM

yeah i cant really find any info that says the difference between an auto and a manuel gst so if anybody knows of a website or wants to tell me thatould be great

Old 11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Banned

There is a big difference. The auto has different gear ratios that make the car a lot slower. Also, the gas mileage is a lot more controlable with a manual anyways.

I would say auto only if you have some kind of injury to your left leg and your incapable of using it. Or, if you are running a 1200hp drag car and you run in competitions and need the consistancy.

In terms of fun, safety, practicality,manual 100%.

Consistancy, auto. Thats all.

Up to you!

Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

its all up to you. There really isnt too much of an advantage either way. Its all about what you want. If you want to shift then go with a manual. If you dont want to be bothered with it then get an auto. Its all opinion

Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 PM

Auto gets poopy gas mileage and I know that they have alot of problems compared to the manual trannys. I think on edmunds it is actually has a car safety warning due to the failure of the automatic tranny.

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/r...ner=edmunds#11

Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 PM

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

Here is a site to look at the milage you get. I went with auto because I drive across a bridge (stop and go traffic) every day to and from work and I hated clutching to move a couple of feet. If you dont move people zip in front of you,

Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 PM

First off...If you have a car like an Eclipse GS-T (like me)or GS-X, Evo, etc. etc., then you shouldn't worry about gas mileage in one of these cars...THESE CARS ARESPORTS CARS! THEY ARE BUILT TO RUN AND PERFORM, not really all that much for economy...And if you mod them and build up the performance, your gas mileage is going to go downhill anyway...Mine is a "toy" and not an "every day driver" so it just sits in the garage really except for when I feel like going for a cruise or to a show...I knew when I bought it that I wasn't buying it for the fuel economy, I was buying it for permormance and to build it up more so I had to throw the gas mileage issue out, Ya know what I mean?

Second...Sebba, how is a stick "safer" than an automatic?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 PM

I like a stick way better then a auto and if u want to call it safer you can but it always keeps you doing something rather then push gas, push brake. Keeps me more in tune with the road than i am in a auto.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

As far as not being able to move quickly, thats your driving lol.

Its safer because you really are more connected to the road, as stated by that dude ^^^. Think about it, you are ina slide, whats the first thing you should do? Put the clutch in.... oh but thats right, you dont have one. Get where im going?

Quick Reply: Automatic or Manuel??