2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Default Body Kit

Im going to get my car painted and I know a lot of people on here arent fans when it comes to Body kits but will keep that aside. Im going to get my car painted and I wanted to put on a body kit you know one that more or less looks stock not all ricey like most. Is there any "Bolt On" kit? or do they all have to be molded on? in other words is there any kit that i could put on myself?

Here are the ones I had in mind:
http://www.bodykits.com/97-99-Mitsub...s-p-41685.html

http://www.bodykits.com/Mitsubishi-E...t-p-17363.html

and do the blitz kits have dual exhaust? im thinking about getting dual but not sure yet. These kits have been the only 2 non fugly that ive seen so far haha.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned
Default RE: Body Kit

The blitz is HORRIBLE.

The top one really doenst look too offencive... im ashamed to say i wouldnt mind it.

They are all bolt on, you dont have to mould anything unless you want to.

Personally, i would refreain from getting it because they are only fiberglass. What happens is because of the added wind resistance, it causes it to flex and then you get surface cracks, then they spider out and cause bigger ones. This is suuper labour intensive and is by no means cheap to fix (few grand at a time). If you can get them in polyurethane theni would sure as hell do that.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:47 PM

bolt on so that means i could do it myself? lol. Does blits have dual? Can you explain urethane because its like $100 more.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Urethane is plastic... its flexable and wont break.

You cant put a dual exhaust on the car anywyas, the undercarrage wont allow it

If you want it to look like **** then do it yourself.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:27 PM

unless you know what you are doing, if you bolt it up right and use some kind of bondo on the seams to smooth it out it should look ok

Old 09-30-2007, 05:10 PM

no, dont listen to nick... you cant just put it on the bondo over the seams... trust me, i molded my whole kit on myself, you have to use fiberglass and it took months to do (i did it at my vocational school), and i just finished repairing my front bumper that cracked after hitting an animal... i would personally stick with stock body, but if you must get a body kit then by a urethane one, it'll save you money in the long run... TRUST ME!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

I was too frustated to reply to Nick. I didnt want to get annoyed lol.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Good advice!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 06:17 PM

ive seen eclipses with dual that look perfect. So if i took a bolt on to a shop how much would you think it would be? Its because I see to many stock eclipses it gets annoying then I see them with shi**y body kitz like all ricey! i like the fender flare thing to are they difficult

http://www.racerwheel.com/abk-me95hiz3f.html

something like that. EVEN SEBBA LIKES THE 1ST ONE, and that alone is difficult haha. So what im aiming at is something not to far from stock just to make it unique and i havent seen many eclipses with the body kit sebba liked(the 1st link on the 1st post)

Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned

I think the fenders are lame personally.

I dont actually know how much it would cost exactly to get a shop to install it, every place is different.

The dual exhaust you must have seen would have either been a fake that had one of them blocked off or seperatly engineered and done custom.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 PM

yeh it was custom and had a nice sound to it too bad i seen it on a 420a lol

Quick Reply: Body Kit