2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Body kit or lowering kit? And vinals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Default Body kit or lowering kit? And vinals?

I notaced that body kits usualy take away some ground clearance so you wouldnt be able to lower the car much more and that most body kits slow your top speed down by 10mph and that handling gets worse after 70mph. So I was thinking just buy a lowering kit to lower it so it handles better. The front already sits at 4" gc and the rear and the side skerts are around 6-7" Could I dorp the front -2 to make the front sit 2" off the ground and lower the rear 4" to try and level the car out or will that affect the handling bad?

And are their any sweet vinal kits? All the ones i see on ebay dont look to good.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Default RE: Body kit or lowering kit? And vinals?

i don't like vinyl kits... the very very few that i have found that i actually liked were small and subtle. (sorry to give this example guys but the skyline in 2F2F i liked) as for the body kit, yes the kits do sit lower than stock body pieces b/c it looked like my eclipse was lowered once i put my kit on. i've never heard of a body kit making ur top speed go down 10 mph or the handeling thing either and i can't think of why that would be. i think we need this question answered WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO TO THIS CAR? are you looking for show? don't let all of us affect you geting a body kit. if you want one, get one. it's all personal preference. but most of us on here would rather see a clean looking stock looking 2g than a riced out body kitted car. that's just how we operate. so answer the question and we'll go from there.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 AM

Well I would want a body kit only thing stopping me is needing it repainted and my front bumper is cracked. If I got one I would get one that makes it still look close to factory. Im getting $1000 this week and was thinking of buying some rims/tires a lowering kit and front lights. I just want it ta look good and lowered eclipses look sweet

Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Ok here we go....

Dont get a body kit. I have yet to see a body kit for the 2g that looks close to stock or is even nice looking. The best front bumper is the 97+ for the 2g. So i would go with that, and thats all. Now for lowering the car, you could go with some tien springs which arnt too bad , i believe they have a 2" drop. I wouldnt go any more of a drop than that. Then get some nice struts. Total for the suspension should be somewhere around $500

Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM

^^^^^^^X2 100% (Get a 2Gb Talon bumper!)
Also, Ive got a set of Tien S-techs in my 3G, and Im lovin em... though my camber is off.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Does the 97 bumper mount right up no mods? and i thought 95-99 whaere all the same

Old 09-07-2007, 03:14 PM

The 97 bumper will require the 97 headlights, then will fit perfect. 2Ga(95-96) have one set of bumpers and 2Gb(97-99) have another.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

Oh wow......

Old 09-12-2007, 02:55 PM

i think the first thing ANYONE should do would be lowering!! I was really nervous about it but I have absolutely LOVED the results since I lowered mine. I have the eibach prosport kit on my car and the car has dropped about 2 inches. It handles great and looks SOOOoooo much better! I ALSO have a carbon lip (though they make non carbon lips that can be hot too) and I can take it off when I'm going somewhere i'm not familiar with the roads so that I don't rake it off![8D] It has proven to be a perfect match for me. So maybe just use everyones opinions but don't worry about people that say DO NOT DO THIS OR THAT. My boyfriend has a full kit on his 98 eclipse and i think it's hot $hit! but his is lowered and with body kit scrubbing can be an issue if you're worried about it. all together with buying the eibach's, putting them on myself, and having the car aligned and camber kit put on it was like 750.00

Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 PM

Lower the car and call it done... At MOST add either a 97-99 eclipse frontend or a 97-98 talon front. That is all. no bdy kit no vinals unless you want to be called a ricer and be laughed at (no offence but generally that is what will happen)

Quick Reply: Body kit or lowering kit? And vinals?