2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Body kit replacement mold

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Default Body kit replacement mold

Hi
Im kinda new at fiberglassing. I have a 96 eclipse gsx that has a bomex body kit on it. Over winter i decided to drive my car and the body kit got messed up. so i waited untill summer and put the pcs back together and fiberglassed them and bondoed them to make everything smooth now it is primed and ready for paint. But i bought a 99 eclipse gs a month ago that was wrecked and had front end damage, i fixed the car now i just need to do the bumper and get it all painted. well i decided that instead of buying another bumper why not just make a mold of my gsx's bumper and use that and save my self money and make the new car look better. i have but the gsx's bumper on my gs so i know it car go from one car to the next. so my question is weather or not i have to get my old primed bumper painted b4 i make a mold of it so the mold will be nice and shiny and the product will be nice and shiny or if i can just leave it primed and make the mold, then make the new bumper out of the mold and have it come out and look good or will it look ugly and messed up because i left it primed instead of getting it painted first? also i was wondering if i could use pam spray as a releaseing agent. i have never made a mold and i want to use this for about 10 bumpers so any other suggestions would be very helpful.
Thank you
Brandon

Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned
Default RE: Body kit replacement mold

Ok you are never going to get it perfect. Fiberglass is like that. It will crack simply from the wind resistance of high speed. I suggest you remove it... burn it... and go on ebay and look for the 97-99 front and rear bumpers and side skirts.... oooh.. and the GSX turbo stock spoiler too. And if you have some ALTEEEEEEZZZZZZZAAAAAAA tail lights..... put some stockers on and you will have yourself a good looking car : )

Old 07-13-2007, 10:32 AM

Well said, Seb.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:02 PM

i like the after market taillights but its up to you. so ebay is an okay place to find a front bumper and rear bumper and skirts? i need those too my fron bumper has a huge crack in it.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:26 PM

i got my body kit and oem cf hood off ebay and they both fit PERFECTLY... no i have heard some serious horror storries about body kits off ebay but i was ust one of those fortunate ppl.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM

you just gotta make sure you pay attention to what your buying

Old 07-13-2007, 10:17 PM

im not buying a body kit im fixing mine and makeing another one of mine. andSTOCK CARSare FUBAR. so can anyone tell me how to make the mold.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 PM

STOCK ALL THE ****ING WAY YO....nothing is better then stock unless u are going for a ricer look

Old 07-14-2007, 12:02 AM

Fubar? can someone translate me? i dont speak rice

Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 AM

"F u c ked up beyond all recognition"

sorry rice "AFTERMARKET" are F U C K ing FUBAR YO

Quick Reply: Body kit replacement mold