Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Boost and Air/Fuel gauges (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/boost-air-fuel-gauges-10839/)

agallardo 05-24-2006 01:19 PM

Boost and Air/Fuel gauges

Hey guys. My gauges finally got here. YEAH!!! Anyway, I was wandering if any of you guys know how to connect them? I was also wandering if any of you guys could please place some pics of the installation or know where I can find out on how to install them. I am having a hard time putting them on. Can you guys please post pics of the boost and air/fuel gauge installations? Thank guys.

eclipsed4u 05-24-2006 01:49 PM

RE: Boost and Air/Fuel gauges

is your A/F ratio gauge one of the ones with the blinky lights? or is it a wideband?

TheEngineer 05-24-2006 02:44 PM

my guess would be that its a normal a/f guage with the lights. As for the installation go here http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html it will tell you exactly what to do

eclipsed4u 05-24-2006 03:20 PM

blinky A/F ratio gauge = teh suck.

you would be wasting your time using that gauge since all it is going to do is bounce around unless you are at WOT.

TheEngineer 05-24-2006 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

you would be wasting your time using that gauge since all it is going to do is bounce around unless you are at WOT.
oh i agree with you, but i was just guessing thats what he got since he didnt call it a wideband. Becuase most people who buy a wideband dont call it an a/f guage

eclipsed4u 05-24-2006 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

oh i agree with you, but i was just guessing thats what he got since he didnt call it a wideband. Becuase most people who buy a wideband dont call it an a/f guage
true.

EMonz57 05-24-2006 06:45 PM

well He was asking a but load of questions about widebands in the turbo section so who knows.... I hope he listened to me and bought a wideband and not a narrowband.

Norrowband inaccurate and cant tune off of it
Wideband reads real time digital and is the best way of tuning A\F

agallardo 05-25-2006 12:29 AM

Actually guys, i got a boost gauge that came with that A/F gauge also for only $30 with the pod. Thats why I have that gauge with the blinky lights.

I will buy that wideband though, I promise you guys. I am going to be purchasing it with my turbo along with the SAFCII. Thanks for your help. By the way, any of you guys have any pics you can post?

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 10:50 AM

Also what type of boost guage is it cuz that makes a difference. If you got an electronic one then the installation is real easy. If you have the one with the tubing, then you need to go to autozone and get a small part to splice into the vacuum line

agallardo 05-25-2006 12:42 PM

I didnt get the electronic one. i got the one with the tube. So I can go to Autozone and get the t-fitting for the vaccum line right? Is this the only part I need to buy?

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 01:38 PM

yup that should be all you need

agallardo 05-25-2006 01:57 PM

Thanks appreciate it.

One more question, for the air/fuel gauge. Where is that sensor that I need to connect it to?

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 02:05 PM

what sensor? i think the wires just get spliced, you just have to figure out to which wires

agallardo 05-25-2006 02:31 PM

On my instructions to connect the air/fuel gauge I have one wire that tells me to connect it to an O2 sensor signal. Where is that sensor located?

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 02:41 PM

yea sensor "signal"...which is the wire that goes to the sensor...you dont need to put it on the sensor. The sensor is the one that is on your exhaust. You just need to find the wire that recieves that signal

eclipsed4u 05-25-2006 02:55 PM

you can look at the ECU pinout to find the wires for the o2 sensors.

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 03:04 PM

who said that? like i said in the very begining of all this...go to www.vfaq.com and they have good pictures for it

nYOfas 05-25-2006 06:51 PM

Everytime I try to go to vfaq I dont dont get anywhere. Becuase it always says everything is expired or something like that

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 10:48 PM

ive never had a problem with it...must be your computer;)

agallardo 05-26-2006 03:42 AM

hey guys, finally finished putting both gauges on. Like it a lot. Wish I had the wideband instead, but it wont be long until I order it. Anyway, I have one last final STUPID question.... how can you tell how many pounds of boost you are running?

TheEngineer 05-26-2006 09:48 AM

you have to floor it and the boost guage will max out somewhere....it might spike then drop down a bit, thats what boost your running. I would make sure you watch it though, if it starts to go higher than around 18 or 19 then get off it and turn the boost down cuz your too high. Also you'll notice that the boost will flucuate with the air temperature, so it may take a couple days to get it right.

eclipsed4u 05-26-2006 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: agallardo

hey guys, finally finished putting both gauges on. Like it a lot. Wish I had the wideband instead, but it wont be long until I order it. Anyway, I have one last final STUPID question.... how can you tell how many pounds of boost you are running?

does your boost gauge read PSI or BAR?

agallardo 05-26-2006 02:18 PM

It reads PSI. I did floor it, and it peaks out at 15. That seems way too much. I DONT have a manual boost controller.

The only stuff I have done to it is:
1. Intake with K&N filter
2. Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust
3. Removed BCS restrictor
4. Greddy Type RS BOV

Could this put me at 15 psi?

eclipsed4u 05-26-2006 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: agallardo

It reads PSI. I did floor it, and it peaks out at 15. That seems way too much. I DONT have a manual boost controller.

The only stuff I have done to it is:
1. Intake with K&N filter
2. Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust
3. Removed BCS restrictor
4. Greddy Type RS BOV

Could this put me at 15 psi?
very possible.

TheEngineer 05-26-2006 03:10 PM

yea thats possible with the restrictor removed. I think i was running a steady 12 psi. But dont worry 15psi is good. Its right where you want to be. What does it settle off at like 13

agallardo 05-26-2006 04:32 PM

Yeah, I actually went for another run. I floored it again and it would hit 14-15psi for a second or two and then settle around 13, maybe 12. So I guess, I am actually running about 12-13 psi right now?

TheEngineer 05-27-2006 10:48 AM

thats right where it should be. Glad to see you got it all working correctly. Enjoy;)

agallardo 05-28-2006 12:33 AM

Yeah, it worked out great. Thanks guys. Appreciate it. It was alot easier than I thought. Thanks again.

agallardo 05-29-2006 12:49 AM

Hey guys. Sorry to bring this up again. Ever since I plugged up my boost gauge, it seems like i lost some power. I was thinking because I used a t-fitting to connect it to a vaccum line. Could this be why?