2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Boost and Air/Fuel gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Default Boost and Air/Fuel gauges

Hey guys. My gauges finally got here. YEAH!!! Anyway, I was wandering if any of you guys know how to connect them? I was also wandering if any of you guys could please place some pics of the installation or know where I can find out on how to install them. I am having a hard time putting them on. Can you guys please post pics of the boost and air/fuel gauge installations? Thank guys.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Default RE: Boost and Air/Fuel gauges

is your A/F ratio gauge one of the ones with the blinky lights? or is it a wideband?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

my guess would be that its a normal a/f guage with the lights. As for the installation go here http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html it will tell you exactly what to do

Old 05-24-2006, 03:20 PM

blinky A/F ratio gauge = teh suck.

you would be wasting your time using that gauge since all it is going to do is bounce around unless you are at WOT.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

you would be wasting your time using that gauge since all it is going to do is bounce around unless you are at WOT.
oh i agree with you, but i was just guessing thats what he got since he didnt call it a wideband. Becuase most people who buy a wideband dont call it an a/f guage

Old 05-24-2006, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

oh i agree with you, but i was just guessing thats what he got since he didnt call it a wideband. Becuase most people who buy a wideband dont call it an a/f guage
true.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:45 PM

well He was asking a but load of questions about widebands in the turbo section so who knows.... I hope he listened to me and bought a wideband and not a narrowband.

Norrowband inaccurate and cant tune off of it
Wideband reads real time digital and is the best way of tuning A\F

Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 AM

Actually guys, i got a boost gauge that came with that A/F gauge also for only $30 with the pod. Thats why I have that gauge with the blinky lights.

I will buy that wideband though, I promise you guys. I am going to be purchasing it with my turbo along with the SAFCII. Thanks for your help. By the way, any of you guys have any pics you can post?

Old 05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Also what type of boost guage is it cuz that makes a difference. If you got an electronic one then the installation is real easy. If you have the one with the tubing, then you need to go to autozone and get a small part to splice into the vacuum line

Old 05-25-2006, 12:42 PM

I didnt get the electronic one. i got the one with the tube. So I can go to Autozone and get the t-fitting for the vaccum line right? Is this the only part I need to buy?

Quick Reply: Boost and Air/Fuel gauges