2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

boost pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Default RE: boost pressure

I have forged pistons rods and titanium valvetrain but thats about it.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: rico

that doesnt make a difference when you add fuel and up the boost you NEED a tune or your car could be running unsafely and putting your motor in danger, and if your motoris really built as you say then you dont need to deal with another rebuild. a tune will work wonders with a new turbo and fuel your talking a good amount of hidden Horsepower

Old 11-30-2005, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

that doesnt make a difference when you add fuel and up the boost you NEED a tune or your car could be running unsafely and putting your motor in danger, and if your motoris really built as you say then you dont need to deal with another rebuild. a tune will work wonders with a new turbo and fuel your talking a good amount of hidden Horsepower
but with the built engine that he has, he can be more lenient on the tune.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

but with the built engine that he has, he can be more lenient on the tune.
not a recomendation though, I mean if its not driven hard untill tuned then there is no biggy but your AFR will be different and you dont need to be replacing a motor that is already built. I have seen a guy with a Built SR20DET I think i was in his 240 and it popped the motor for a lack of a good tune and his motor was fully built up. it sucks to see the time and effort get squashed by not tuneing a car. Better safe than sorry as I see it

Old 12-01-2005, 02:26 PM

well the car only has 53,385 miles on it... and when i got it i had everything checked out and there were no problems with it. there is and awsome shop in my area caller versuch racing. they deal with dyno and performance alot with imports and domestics.. so i could have everything dyno tuned and what not there... its a very good shop if your ever in anderson south carolina stop in...

i also have a front mount intercooler on it too thought i would add that..

Old 12-01-2005, 02:37 PM

went ahead and bought the 1g turbo for$55 from my friend.. he had it rebuilt when he took it off his car so its in perfect condition.. thanks to the advocate for the info on the hp numbers on that swap.. also will i need new piping for the swap or will it work on my old.. also check out my nos post too....

Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 PM

well the car only has 53,385 miles on it... and when i got it i had everything checked out and there were no problems with it. there is and awsome shop in my area caller versuch racing. they deal with dyno and performance alot with imports and domestics.. so i could have everything dyno tuned and what not there... its a very good shop if your ever in anderson south carolina stop in...

i also have a front mount intercooler on it too thought i would add that..
i live in columbia....how far is anderson away?

Old 12-01-2005, 04:41 PM

columbia is about 2 hours it depends on how you drive.... but thats how long it takes me when i go to see my gf at usc... just get on map quest and get directions on the ending address type north main street versuch is on main street

Old 12-01-2005, 05:44 PM

you need an install kit for that turbo to fit, it faces differently than your stock turbo.