2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BOV installation instead of Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: BOV installation instead of Bypass

ORIGINAL: slow420a

Basically, and its no like it wont make a sound if you dont vent.

But if you can power shift with out taking your foot off the gas you dont lose any performance.
well that will just cause more problems elsewhere. Namely your tranny and or clutch

Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Basically, and its no like it wont make a sound if you dont vent.

But if you can power shift with out taking your foot off the gas you dont lose any performance.
well that will just cause more problems elsewhere. Namely your tranny and or clutch
The 420a got that at least every day for 15 months stright(some days alot more than others) and I never had a problem.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

damn you must be pretty good at it then. Cuz i know if your not good then you can really screw things up.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:51 PM

no it was a 420a...if your talking DSM then you WILL break your tranny and clutch they are know for it. just like EVOs are. chrystler product Versus mitsu that is why the 420as tranny held to it plus the lack of boost and power

Old 03-21-2006, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
plus the lack of boost and power
[:-]... actually the 420a tranny sucks its max load is 180lbs of TQ. The only way to get a "strong one" is the 98 neon r/t tranny which is good for 250lbs/tq and that even sucks. My friend with a hahn stage 5 kit on his neon r/t goes through 3 trannys a season because they just dont hold under power. When they are near the stock power they arent bad though. My other friend who had a talon(when I was 16) went through 1 clutch and 2 trannys in a year(but thats because he cant drive... dont tell him though).

Old 03-21-2006, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57
plus the lack of boost and power
[:-]... actually the 420a tranny sucks its max load is 180lbs of TQ. The only way to get a "strong one" is the 98 neon r/t tranny which is good for 250lbs/tq and that even sucks. My friend with a hahn stage 5 kit on his neon r/t goes through 3 trannys a season because they just dont hold under power. When they are near the stock power they arent bad though. My other friend who had a talon(when I was 16) went through 1 clutch and 2 trannys in a year(but thats because he cant drive... dont tell him though).
But what I was saying is the 420a lacks the power to cause the trouble... the 4G63 motor with small modds on a weak clutch and tranny. Keith blew up what 2 clutches and shatterd a tranny. Of course its stronger than the 420a stuff because it is built for a car that is much more powerfull from the factory

Old 03-21-2006, 09:14 PM

I also tried connecting a pipe to from the BOV to the intake, but it still wasnt working. I did not adjust the BOV (as in tighten the spring) to see if it worked when i connected a pipe to the intake to the BOV. Do you think that is why it didnt work, because i didnt tighten the spring when i connected the pipe from the BOV to the intake? So do I have to connect a pipe from the BOV to the intake? Do i have to recirculate the air back to the intake? Is there any other way i can install the BOV without recirculating the air?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 PM

If you dont recirc you will always have trouble unless you get a stand alone, GM MAF, or dual port BOV. you need to hook the hose from the BOV back to the intake and trouble shoot from there. If the problem is still there then you have a VAC\Boost leak somewhere, most likly where the BOV flange is unless you got a new IC or IC pipeing

Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 PM

So if i get intercooler piping, i can leave the BOV there without connecting the pipe from the BOV to the intake? I still have the stock intercooler piping right now.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM

no you cant.... you can only vent you BOV to the atmosphere if you buy a Stand alone, GM MAF, or a dual port BOV. otherwise it is causeing your car to run rich and that is why it stumbles and stalls out

Quick Reply: BOV installation instead of Bypass