2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BOV and REcirculation!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 AM
GST
Default BOV and REcirculation!

hmm.. i was wondering.. does Eclipse 2g ever has a recirculation kit for the greddy BOV?? cause.. i know.. if the "whooossh" sound is too loud, it'll make the enging goes bad... with the recirculation kit, it's different... can anybody tell me where it's sold and cheap? or does it even have one ? recirculation back into the intake?

Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Default RE: BOV and REcirculation!

for the type RS they have a kit as for the Type S its just a bolt on n the stock rubber hose from your intake should still work, have you done your free mods yet (ill get to how this ties in in a sec) the boost restrictor, n remove the silencer mesh from your MAS, here where the BOV part ties in. take off your stock turbo intakejust take it off from your airbox n turbo. youll see a long hard plastic tube running down from your reciculation cut that off so that it fits just back into yout intake but not blocking air flow to your Turbo. this will help spool more than most people think. not on the BOV side but when you put it back together use PVC glue on whats left of the hard plastic tube before puttin it back in your intake.(youll get a good seal this way. make sure its nice n dry before putting everything back together.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: GST

hmm.. i was wondering.. does Eclipse 2g ever has a recirculation kit for the greddy BOV?? cause.. i know.. if the "whooossh" sound is too loud, it'll make the enging goes bad... with the recirculation kit, it's different... can anybody tell me where it's sold and cheap? or does it even have one ? recirculation back into the intake?
Ok the "woooosh" sound is not what makes the engine run bad, but i like that interpitation of a vented bov

Now i don't know exactly what does, iv'e been told many time but i know i'm going to mess this up a bit. Its because the bov is not recurculating the air back to the engine. The mass air sensor detectors the amount of air then the bov dumps it all to the atmosphere, so the engine thinks its getting more air than it really is. That is why, if i remember correctly that it doesn't run right.

As far as a recirculation kit this might help:
http://www.dsmparts.com/customer/home.php?cat=9

Old 02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

You essentially have it right. The ECU realizes you have a turbo and knows that the turbo is doing (To an extent) so when the turbo comes up on the boost the ECU realizes this and compensates for the extra air that would be coming into the intake via the BOV recirc and gives the engine an extra shot of fues to compensate. Expeting this it's giving the extra gas but the extra air isn't there so you run rich at the time the BOV operates. That's the way I understand it at least.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

yea i know it was something like that. I know emonz has told me countless time how it works, and he'll probably yell at me for not totally remembering.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:37 PM

The stock map sensor compensates for the air recu into the intak so the car will idle and have a little hsitation when shifting. this can be fixed by getting a gm MAF but recurc is a good idea anyways it helps spool times.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

yea i know it was something like that. I know emonz has told me countless time how it works, and he'll probably yell at me for not totally remembering.
THAT'S IT write it on the blackboard 10 times.... You'll remember THEN

Old 02-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

I think the forum has the most "BOV" threads I have ever seen, and their all the same questions.[>:]

Old 02-13-2006, 03:32 PM

well i modified the write up for gst/gsx but it never got posted

Old 02-13-2006, 05:26 PM

OMG anothe BOV thread how many do we need in a weeks time LMAO.

Quick Reply: BOV and REcirculation!