2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Burnout? Quick launch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Default Burnout? Quick launch?

Hey guys quick questions.

1. Anyway know how to do a burnout? Not just sqeal tires and go. But just burnout and stay in place while burning rubber?

2. Second question. I know there is a website (but I cant find out and i dont remember it). But how do you do a quick launch off the line?

Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: Burnout? Quick launch?

AWD or FWD?

You cant really to an AWD standing burnout. With a FWD you simply pull the e brake and rev the car up and pop the clutch

With a RWD car you put it in 1st... hold the brake and the gas with the same foot and let the clutch up while holding the brake

Old 10-20-2006, 01:58 AM

Sebba, you know I have a FWD. Lol! How about a quick launch? or do you know a website?

What do you mean by pop the clutch?

Old 10-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

pop the clutch meaning just release it totalyl really fast.

Um the best way to launch a fwd is to rev to roughly 3k and release the clutch... but trying not to wheelspin. So depending on your hp output you might need to slip the clutch a little.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:07 AM

i was at the track last weekend for the first time ever and i found my perfect launch, i reved up to about 25-2700 and on the 3rd yellow light quickly feather off of the clutch while holding that RPM and i was cutting .010's and like i said, that was my first time to the track

Old 10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

what i do is i raise the clutch to the bite point... when it bites i leave it just below that.... and when it goes green lift the clutch all the way and at the same time pedal to the metal on the gas.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 PM

you mean dump the clutch.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

well essentially but i thought i would put it in 100% black n white

Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 PM

With my 06 Eclipse GT the best rev launch is 2,000 RPM. Here's some tips for the track.

As most have already stated, get your RPMS up to your launch level while keeping the clutch down and the shifter in 1st. You'll have to figure out your launch rpm. It's the highest rpm you can drop the clutch without spinning your tires.

As the lights start lift your clutch to the point where it starts engageing.

Here's the tricky part. As the last yellow light starts to turn off drop the clutch and floor the gas.

You don't wait to see green. If you drop it on the last yellow by the time your feet engage the clutch, the clutch engages the car, the car engages the tires, and the tires move the car, you'll be in green.

Every now and then you'll blow the green light but it's a learning curve. I'd rather launch a bit early once and a while than launch late all the time.

One more tip. It's good to do a burn out right before your stage up at the lights. This heats up your tires and helps them grab better when you take off.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:20 PM

If you want to burn out with front drive just get your RPMS up above 3,000 and drop the clutch. If you want to stand still grab your hand brake and pull up while holding the lock button down with your thumb. This way you can regulate how much handbrake you apply without it locking up on you. When you've burrned enough rubber release your hand brake and you'll take off.

Quick Reply: Burnout? Quick launch?