Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Car just 'stopped' (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/car-just-stopped-14805/)

agallardo 11-21-2006 05:25 PM

RE: Car just 'stopped'

I think i got it guys. Well, you guys know how i just installed the o2 housing... Well yeah. I just unscrewed it from the stock o2 housing, but it was still connected at the other end. But anyway, i left it connected dangling off the engine, while i got my new o2 housing set up. Well, anyway, when i went to put on my new o2 housing i kept twisting the wires in order to screw onto the new one. Do you thinks think the ground wire of the o2 sensor might be it? I called my "mechanic" and i told him that i had just installed a downpipe and o2 housing, and i told him that i kept blowing the "engine" (20A) fuse. Anyway, he said it was probably the o2 sensor when i screwed it back in. What do you guys think?

Sebba 11-21-2006 05:55 PM

Its very possible that could be shorting out. Check that the wires arent touching.

Sanguinius 11-21-2006 08:53 PM

And that you didn't BREAK a wire. You should have connected teh wires AFTER you installed the O2 sensor SHEESH

agallardo 11-21-2006 09:20 PM

Well, i untwisted the wires and then tried twisting it on, so that it will 'cancel out' and end up being straight, but i think i might have twisted it a little too much.

Sanguinius 11-21-2006 09:58 PM

I bet you broke a wire... But this all goes right back to what I said. There's a REASON the fuse went pop. Like my electronics teacher says "There's a reason a component failed. Find and fix it or subsequent components will fail". In electronics there aren't fuses everywhere protecing things. It's a chain. Weakest links goes first. Fix that link and it's now the NEXT weakest link's turn to pop. So on and soforth. If you want to test if the O2 sensor is the problem then simply unplug it. The car will run like @$$ but it shouldn't pop any more fuses. If it pops again you know there's a different problem somewhere.

Sebba 11-21-2006 10:56 PM

lol my electronics teacher says the same thing.

This should be easy to fix... i designed a perfect laser security system.... my PCB layout is perfect and the circuit diagram is perfect... and i keep popping components :(

so i know how you feel LOL

agallardo 11-22-2006 01:25 AM

Its gotta be that o2 sensor wires. I didnt mess with anything else. But its still possible for other things. Ever since i installed my o2 housing and downpipe, i have been blowing that fuse.

Sebba 11-22-2006 01:31 AM

If fuses dont work... nails do :D HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sanguinius 11-22-2006 02:28 AM

That's the EXACT shyt that'll fry an ECU!!! That's why I told him to post in here again if it popped the fuse repeatedly. I recommend disconnecting the O2 sensor and considering replacing it again if the fuse doesn't pop without the O2 hooked up.

Sebba 11-22-2006 02:50 AM

He put a nail in for 10 miles lol...