Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Car just 'stopped' (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/car-just-stopped-14805/)

Sanguinius 11-22-2006 09:51 AM

RE: Car just 'stopped'

Are you serious?!?!?! Are you TRYING to fry the ECU? I mean seriously ALL he had to do was disconnect the O2 sensor. The car WILL run without the sensor he'll just get shyt for gas mileage. That's the stupid shyt that'll piss me off. I'm trying to help and simple things won't get done to attempt to fix the problem.Well when things further down the line start cookin because SOMEONE told him use a f'in nail I'm only going to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" and I'll help no more.

Sebba 11-22-2006 12:31 PM

Dude the ECU is fine relax. I put a nail in my fise box for a long time before i could track down a fuse lol. He had to get home... we all get desperate at times.

TheEngineer 11-22-2006 12:35 PM

yea but im sure the fuse you put it in for wasnt one of the main fuses

Sebba 11-22-2006 12:39 PM

It ****in was! lol... .it was the main 100A fuse.

TheEngineer 11-22-2006 12:42 PM

well my next question would then be, when yours blew, was it something that continually happened. or was it just a spike that only happened once, cuz that would be a totally different situation. All im saying is, its really not to smart to do that

Sebba 11-22-2006 12:45 PM

Yeah totally agree. And when i put a real mitsubishi fuse in (lol only could find a 120A) and it never blew again lol.

When fuses repeatidly blow then you have a problem.

agallardo 11-22-2006 04:48 PM

Hey guys. Sorry about the nail! This happen way before we started to include the nail. I wont do it again. I just didnt think of unplugging the o2 sensor. I had to get it home. But anyway, i am gonna go give it a spin with the o2 sensor unplugged. Thanks guys.

agallardo 11-22-2006 05:53 PM

Alright guys. Well its not the o2 sensor! So i have no idea what it could be. I also thought that it might be my boost gauge wires... so i am gonna look at those and see if those are it. Any other advice or help, will help! lol!

Sebba 11-22-2006 06:11 PM

Ok my next idea would be with coil packs. They **** up all the time.

I cant really think of anythjing else logical.

agallardo 11-22-2006 08:42 PM

Hey guys. I guess the best way is like you guys say, just follow the ground wires. But i have a question. I have a Haynes Repair Manual, and i was wandering if in it, it showed all the ground wires and where they go to. or does anyone have a better idea?