2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Car Trouble!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Default Car Trouble!!!

So after two days of getting everything right to hook up my new fmic installed in my 1998 GST, I am coming from my moms house where I installed everything to my dads house (where I live) which are about 4 miles apart. In this install I hooked up a fmic where all of the piping came with it other than the j-pipe that I welded to custom fit. The intercooler I installed was the VrSpeed short route fmic that I did a group buy from this site. Other than the intercooler I installed a new short ram intake with the recirc nipple because my other didn't have one and I swapped my HKS SSQV and put in a greddy type rs. Note: The flange on the ic piping was not the exactly the same so I had to drill 2 new holes on it to fit the greddy which what I was supposed to do. Anyways, I get in my car and start it up and everything was fine. I put it in reverse out of the driveway, and up the road I went. I was checking to see if everything was all go so I stepped on it a bit to check out the boost and my new bov when all of the sudden my car spudded and started running funny. I tried to speed up and my engine was shaking and not running correctly. It would rev(I didn't try to rev the whole way because I didn't want to further hurt was was already done) but once I started revving the shaking just got worse. So today I checked it out and one of my couplers came off disconnecting the pipes. Next problem: Jacked my car up, fixed the problem and got into my car to start it up a little later. I turned the ignition, it started up for a second and shut off. After that I tried to start it up again and it was having trouble turning over. I checked my batter voltage on my turbo timer and it was very low. So I got my car jumped which made the voltage at about 13.3 and it was turning over fine. My car just wasn't turning on. Like I wasn't getting fuel. Earlier in the day it was starting up so I don't know what the problem is.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Car Trouble!!!

anyone?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

So the car cranks but wont start? Did you check fuel, spark and compression?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

CHeck to make sure the MAF sensor is plugged in. Also maybe try and reset the battery (unplug it for a couple min. and plug it back in)

Old 02-11-2009, 06:33 PM

MAF seems to be good. I unplugged my battery and waited but still no go. Would the car maybe not start if it needs tuned because I put on a new FMIC and BOV and intake and everything?

Old 02-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

nah it doesnt need a tune from that stuff

Old 02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

Are you getting spark? Are you getting fuel?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Checking my spark now and yes it is getting fuel. What fuses should I check that could prevent my engine from starting?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mpi fuse

Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

****, check them all.

Quick Reply: Car Trouble!!!