2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

cat back exhaust, intake, headers in one deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Default cat back exhaust, intake, headers in one deal

I was looking on the internet and I found a site called modacar.com. They have packege deals you can buy. I have a 99 eclipse. Its the gs model so I can only choose two of the deals they have. They both come with AEM cold air intake system, greddy stainless steal header, and a Greddy Evolution cat-back system. One packege also comes with 8.5mm magnecor wire set. The power packege with out the wires is going for 1029.00 and the one with the wires is going for 1200.00 I dont know if its a good deal or not or which one I should get. I have always been into cars just never had one worth putting money into. Which packege is better and is it even worth getting? Here is the link. http://www.modacar.com/products/Mits...clipse/MODAPP/

Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Default RE: cat back exhaust, intake, headers in one deal

you can probly find it all cheaper on ebay, 120-150 for intake, 3 - 400 for header, and cat back for around 500........ plus ship. which youll have to pay for anyway..... id shop around first............

Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM

~~You~~~can~~~find~~~it~~~all~~~on~~~EEEEEEEEEEEEE EBAY!!!

Aw dude, i am totally sued now.

Anyways, yeah, everything will be much cheaper on ebay. But think about it, $1000 for about 25hp gain? Getting a basic turbo kit from HRC costs about the same(i think someone said prices went down recently), comes with a warranty, and gives you atleast a 50hp gain. Plus HRC is a very reputable company, so their stuff is high quality. But, it's your decision, it is after all your money. Just spend it wisely. Most importantly though, have fun.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:54 PM

thanks spydergs. I dont think I am going to go with that package deal cause I talked to a friend and I can get the actual exhaust system I want and all the other mods I.E. CAI, pulley kit and headers for about 300 hundred more. Later on down the road I might turbo my car. My stepdad tries to control mods I do to my car and he doesnt car if I do the stuff I am doing right now. When I move out I might turbo my car but as of right now I probably wont do it for a while. I also heard that when you turbo your car you have to do a lot of work on it and I dont have a garage and dont know enough about cars to do that. I want to learn more and I am trying to. When you turbo a car do you come across more problems?

Old 09-22-2004, 04:43 PM

Well, when you turbo a car, there's just another level of responsibility that comes with it. First and foremost is take your time and install everything properly. Honostly, turbocharging a non-turbo eclipse can be done in a weekend in your driveway with the proper kit. Remember, you get what you pay for, so spend a little extra and go with a namebrand you trust. After the turbo is installed, you have a little more responsibility issues. Everybody(and i mean *everbody*) wants to turn up the boost. Do not ever turn up the boost unless you have the supporting mods to help the engine cope with the extra pressure. Also, try and get a turbo-timer. If not, you'll have to remember to idle the engine after any hard runs or extensive use. But owning a turbocharged car is slightly more problematic than owning an NA car. Part of the reason is because there are so many extra parts that can break or go bad. To reduce the risk of this, just TAKE YOUR TIME. take your time and install it correctly, take you time and drive it correctly, and don't be in a hurry. Oil changes are much more important if you own a turbo car, just make sure to do them every 3000miles. But despite all this, you'll have a lot more fun with a turbo car. Just don't put anyones life in danger unless it's your own. If you do wanna learn stuff about cars, stick around here and you'll get to lean quite a bit about cars. Whether it's engine performance, maintainence, suspension, or even a sound system, it seems like we have an expert in every field here. Plus we're always willing to help out, no matter what the problem. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or you can email me if you'd prefer. But just have fun and enjoy your car.