2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

clutch problems help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Default clutch problems help!!!

i have an aftermarket clutch in my 95 eclipse and when it get hot it slips and when it cools down it is fine does anyone have any idea what it could be

Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned
Default RE: clutch problems help!!!

Did you drive it hard in the first 300 miles?

Old 06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Does it only slip when you floor it?

Old 06-23-2006, 02:23 PM

no i didnt drive it that hard when i first got it i dont think that is the problem and when i like floor it around 3 grand it slips and the the rpms speed up to around like 4500 and there is like no power and when you bleed it it is fine for a lil while but then it starts to slip again

Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM

it sounds like clutch slip right before a clutch is about to go out.... what kind of clutch is it? where did you get it? and how long have you had it? (miles)

Old 06-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

^^agreed. Thats what my clutch was doing when it was burnt out. It will slip once it started to get high on the rpms then it would be like almost reving the car from a stop. No power but rpms shoot up

Old 06-24-2006, 09:33 PM

the clutch is like brand new it has around 3500 miles on it and yeah it revs up and there is no power only when it seems to get hot like when it is cold when i start it in the morning it grips great but after a lil while it starts to slip and i didnt drive it hard the first 300 miles does anyone else have any ideas what it could be

Old 06-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

How long have you driven a 5spd for? Sorry but i have to ask. I cant really think of any other reason apart from driver error that would cause a decent clutch to go out that fast. Unless it was a cheap ****ty one.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:24 PM

how far do you have to let the clutch out before it stats to pull the car?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:26 AM

Hi my name is Erick and I am new to this Forum. Nice website may I add, and hello to everyone! I am having the same Annoying problem with my clutch!!!! I have had this problem for about a month on my 95 Eclipse GS. My car is in the shop right now driving the machanics crazy. Three weeks ago I had the whole Engine and Tranny re-built with everything new in it. I bought a SACHS(Original Clutch) Clatch along with a throw out Bearing. When I first drive the car its fine but after a while it begins to slip. Now the problem kind of got fixed when I bought a new MOPAR Slave Cylinder from a local Mitsubishi Dealer. After 2 days it began to do the same thing and since I have warrenty for four years at the shop I took it back. I havent had my car for about 2 weeks now and I am sad. If I bleed the car everything will be fine but the next day it wont be. I have had my car for about 4 years and I have never had this problem before. I have also noticed that when the clutch gets used a lot the slave cylinder gets hot and it gets stuck and thats why the clutch slips because the slave cylinder stays stuck. Its a brand- new MOPAR slave cylinder, if anyone has a solution please let me know I would appreciate it a lot thank you.

Quick Reply: clutch problems help!!!