2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Clutch releasing high

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Default Clutch releasing high

Hey guys, quick question. I was at work and in the parking lot getting ready to leave and i pulled my ebrake allll the way up and spun the tires for like 20 to 30 seconds and now my clutch is releasing reaalllyy high. I didnt dump the clutch and didnt rev it high to get them to spin kinda gradual, got them to spin, got up to about 6500, switched to second and kept revving and revving just to keep it away from redline yet keep them burning. Went to pull away and the car feels soooo much different, clutch releases really high up now. What did i **** up now? lol.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Clutch releasing high

wow, why did you decided to do that? Haha well You may have(are close) burnt up the clutch.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

Your suppposed to release the clutch quickly... or else you burn it. You dont deserve to have a car.

Congratulations dick head you ruined a clutch.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Your suppposed to release the clutch quickly... or else you burn it. You dont deserve to have a car.

Congratulations dick head you ruined a clutch.
Okay, dont start your **** dude. Im not 5star, ive been respectful of everyone here and i expect it back. The section is here to ask questions, i asked, dont be a dick. Thank You for the reply, i know better than to do that next time.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

I hate car abuse, what can i say. I think its a moronic, immature, stupid thing to do.

I get annoyedwith people about this **** because i dont have a car, and i wish i did, and to know that there are people out there abusing the **** out of theirs, of course its going to annoy me.

Regardless if you have always remained respectful on the forums, although i apreciate it (i really do), it doesnt stop me losing respect for you, as i have now.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Okay, fair enough. But if it makes you feel any better, the only reason i burned out anyway is cause im getting new tires. lol.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Ah right, cant say i wouldnt do that myself lol. Sorry dude.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 PM

Lol, no worries dude.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:27 PM

ya dude you most likely toasted your clutch. baby that thing until you get the money to replace it. more then likely you toasted your flywheel too

Old 12-09-2007, 02:04 AM

mmmm yea i deff smell a burnt to hell clutch lol.. just so you know next time, yea if you do it again dump the clutch so it catches fast, easing off it slowly makes contact which causes it to burn.. and i dont think your flywheel should be too bad, it might need resurfaced though, which you should do when you replace a clutch anyway.

nice hit below the belt seb lol

Quick Reply: Clutch releasing high