2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Conversions..&& junk

Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Default Conversions..&& junk

Hi!
New member!
I feel like I should be saying 'nerd alert nerd alert' because I have so many questions!!!

I'm saving saving saving up for a (hopefully) 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. However, I've contacted somebody locally who is selling a 1995 Eclipse GSX for an amazing price so I'm going to check that out.
I've been wanting this car for quite some time now.
But what I want to do is put the engine from a 3rd gen eclipse in so that I can have tiptronics.
Right now I'm researching the amount of time and work and exactly what else it would take to do this.
Money will not be an issue, my car will get all the love it needs.
But now the question is what could get in the way?
Any ideas?

I've been told it's near impossible.
So gimme Idea's +'s and -'s
I'm up for all ideas and I'll take your critisizm.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Default RE: Conversions..&& junk

we're not a critisizing group...unless you flip out like a few people did before then we flame ya like crazy :-p i personally prefer the 2ng gen body style over 3rd gen i'd go with the 95 GSX which i think is a 4G63T (turbo)motor.. and will be a lot stronger and more powerful than a 4G64 (non turbo) from a 3rd gen eclipse... i hope that answered your question... please if i didnt explain exactly what you want to know i'll try and help more the best i can

Old 01-18-2006, 11:01 PM

if ur gettin a GSX, dont bother puttin in a 3g engine...theres no point cuz they are entirely different plus U'd have 2 sumhow find an AWD tranny for ur 3g motor...alos cuz its kina pointless to buy a GSX n put in an engine that doesnt belong...stick wit the 4g63, its much better.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:12 AM

3G engines for one wont fit in that car, and two is a horrible idea (no offense) the motor in the GSX is better the 4G63 is the way to go, as for the sporty tranny leave that alone they suck. it steals alot of power to run it and again that wont fit either.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Forget that "tiptronix" BS (WTF is tiptronix anyways....) Get the GSX ESPECIALLY if it's a standard trans Can NEVER go wrong with the feel of COMPLETE control over EVERY move your baby makes MUAHAHAHAHAA (Maybe I'm just a control freak... but DAMN it feels GOOD)...

Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Forget that "tiptronix" BS (WTF is tiptronix anyways....) Get the GSX ESPECIALLY if it's a standard trans Can NEVER go wrong with the feel of COMPLETE control over EVERY move your baby makes MUAHAHAHAHAA (Maybe I'm just a control freak... but DAMN it feels GOOD)...
tiptronix(or sportstronic transmission) is the transmission where you have both manual and auto, but no clutch. you can move the stick over to the manual side and it will act similar to a manual without a clutch.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

tiptronix(or sportstronic transmission) is the transmission where you have both manual and auto, but no clutch. you can move the stick over to the manual side and it will act similar to a manual without a clutch.
this tranny will not work with the AWD of a gsx.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:20 PM

sang.. you are a controll freak...lol....thats why ur a mod :-p and emonz.. that hurts man... that hurts deep saying my POS 4G64 sucks....i know it sucks but hearing it makes me feel even worse about it **runs away** nah j/k...

yeah stcik with a 4G63 F the auto-stick tranny and learn to drive standard? or just buy an auto? the GSX are great cars.. have fun with it the way it is...

Old 01-19-2006, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

sang.. you are a controll freak...lol....thats why ur a mod :-p and emonz.. that hurts man... that hurts deep saying my POS 4G64 sucks....i know it sucks but hearing it makes me feel even worse about it **runs away** nah j/k...

yeah stcik with a 4G63 F the auto-stick tranny and learn to drive standard? or just buy an auto? the GSX are great cars.. have fun with it the way it is...
the 4G64 is a good motor but not incomperison to he 4G63. your motor is strong enought to run 12PSI on and get some extra TQ from the high displacment. again yours just wasnt made for long term boost.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:30 PM

true but i also heard that my motor with OHC is strong and more reliable over time then a DOHC have you found this to be true?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Conversions..&& junk