2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Conversions..&& junk

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Conversions..&& junk

Quite frankly you can treat a regular auto like a sportronic. Just take it down to the little 1 then when you're ready to shift up go to the little 2 then when you're ready to shift again go to D. Why bother with the sportronic BS anyways. That just says to me I wanna be cool and be able to say I have a manual when I don't have the skill to use a real one. You probably won't EVER find a sportronic in the 2nd Gen and I don't think it's even worth the effort. If you want it THAT bad then get the 3rd Gen and deal with the car. Don't tell us to make it happen FOR you. Last I checked I woke up alone this morning. You weren't in my bed and I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. If you want it done you better find a rich man anyways LOL. Cuz it's gonna cost a FORTUNE!

Old 01-20-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Quite frankly you can treat a regular auto like a sportronic. Just take it down to the little 1 then when you're ready to shift up go to the little 2 then when you're ready to shift again go to D. Why bother with the sportronic BS anyways. That just says to me I wanna be cool and be able to say I have a manual when I don't have the skill to use a real one. You probably won't EVER find a sportronic in the 2nd Gen and I don't think it's even worth the effort. If you want it THAT bad then get the 3rd Gen and deal with the car. Don't tell us to make it happen FOR you. Last I checked I woke up alone this morning. You weren't in my bed and I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. If you want it done you better find a rich man anyways LOL. Cuz it's gonna cost a FORTUNE!
you cant do it period unless a custom tranny and ECU are made. dont forget the ECU is needed for the auto tranny. and beside that like I said before the 2G is 180 degrees from the 3G so in other words the Tranny is on the opposite side of the engine bay

Old 01-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Like I said it'd cost a FORTUNE. There's teh fact that you'd likely need custom transaxels, the custom mounts and whatnot, you'd have to swap engine AND trans, and a wole bunch of other crap that just isn't worth it.