2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Crappy @ZZ LUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Default Crappy @ZZ LUCK!!!

Well if anyone doenst know how much of a problem I've had with my Eclipse since having it rebuilt I will tell the short version, first A job that was only suposed to take 2 weeks AT THE MOST took a month and a half, I got it back once abd it started knocking again, so I took iy back and said the block was bad due to a bad contour shaft rod bearinf, shouldnt that have been replaced when doing a rebuild?? Anyway they fixed that, now its nocking again. And the damn shop wont call me back I must have left 10 messages[sm=badbadbad.gif] then on Friday some jerk off hit me in the azz end and pushed me right into a bus and the the driver who hit me took off and I didnt get his tags quick enough. Theres not a whole lot of damage but one of the brand news rims is destroyed plus one of the control arms is busted along with the front right qaurter panel. I should be able to fix it myself or should I say hopefully. I am gonna take it to a shop to see if they will do an estimate so I know exactly what I need to fix. Well just needed to vent Im gonna check the sell/trade forum to see if I can find some of the parts I need, anyone have a qaurter panel for a 93 they want to sell??
Thanks in advance everyone. Oh I will post pix of it tomorow its dark now so they wont look to good.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Default RE: Crappy @ZZ LUCK!!!

wow man, that sucks, sorry about your luck

Old 12-05-2006, 12:48 AM

i havent had good luck with my car since the day i bought it, so just know, im right there with ya

Old 12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

thats pretty retarded that they just drove off.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 PM

your luck = get a honda lol sorry to hear about everything, i'd burn the shop, and go out looking for every similar make and model of the car that hit me with a shotgun and blow a hole in the windshield lol

Old 12-05-2006, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

thats pretty retarded that they just drove off.
was it you john??? no one can tell since you elantra has no front end already anyway hahaha

Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Dam.. I feel ur pain. My car has many issue still in progress. First day i got my car an old man hit it. When i brought it home some guy drove into the fender and left a nice dent.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM

I feel you too baby...

When I bought my car, the third day CEL showed up and everymorning when i started my car there was metal grinding sound and it gets worse everyday. a week after that I found out that my transmission was bad and I don't know how did it happen but there was about 4 by 5 inch cracked on transmission. WHen I touched it, that damn thing fell off and all the fluid drained out on me. I JB weld it and i drove it another couple days. Finally I found transmission and replace it. Cost me 1500 bucks to get that thing replaced. And then problems come up one by one every month until now. I've had the car for 2 years and I've invested about 6000 bucks on it.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Jeez man we all know the feeling I'm sure. Sucks that they drove off. I'd have hopped in front of the @$$hole and beat the $H!T outta him. But Ifeel your pain man. My DD is still in the garage waiting a turbo transplant. It started with a timing chain, went to balance shaft elimination, jumped into a new oil pump and oil pan gasket, then valve cover gasket and water pump. Get ALL that done and now I find a bad turbo in the car. Good luck and get some pics up damnit!!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-17-2006, 10:59 AM

Whats up everyone, well I took a look at it and it doesnt look that bad but remember Im a carpenter so I might be missing some of the damage. I did notice that the plastic shield on the inside of the wheel well has a slit in it from whatever belt that is rubbing on it and burning throu it, I I can see that the lower control arm is really tweaked. Im gonna take the wheel of in a little to check more I will snap pix with my camera to post, here is one pic with the wheel on.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/8005/D6DF086CE6874217B1146608FE4BF4AB.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Crappy @ZZ LUCK!!!