2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

custom parts and future plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Default custom parts and future plans

i'm looking for a company that deals w/ CF and makes custom body pieces... in my soon to be GSX it's going to definatly be a BAD @$$ car all around. the body will be a dark burnt orange (if ur familiar w/ bikes it's the color of he orange GSXR 1000's that are out in 06/07) w/ cf hood, trunk, roof painted black for the JDM look, cf front lip and i'd really like to do a cf accent on the rear so i'm looking for a company that could make a 1 off custom rear bumper similar to the EVO JDM bumers. this car will be a 1 of a kind so i definatly want it to be a 1 of a kind w/ unique/rare parts. let me know, thanks.

another question:
i know it's a lot a lot a lot of mondey and some ppl think it's stupid and in some ppls' opinions ricey but i think it's one of the most badass things you can do to a car... and that is a RHD conversion. i know how much it would cost and how much work it woul be just to sit in the passenger side and to some it is a stupid idea but the thought of having a RHD GSX, possibly a targa top (yes i kow the difficulties of doing this as well.... )and mabey dual exhaust... (don't critisize, i think dual exhaust looks MEAN!!! in some cases it can hurt performacne but w/ 550whp i don't care lol) Does anybody konw of anybody who has ever done it and what they needed/used/payed for the conversion?

before you answer, dont' be like "dude ur an idiot for spending 5 thousand dollars to sit on the other side", "ur an idiot to pay extra for an extra exhaust side" etc etc. these are my opions and i feel very strongly about them ad think all of these things put together will give me a 1 of a kind eclipse that will be competition, magazine and street worthy. honestlymy goal forthis car is to be a magazine cover car...i've NEVER seen a dsm in a magazine and i'd like to be one of the first ones!!! Thanks for any help you can give me.

p.s. just a side remark, to everybody who knows me and my undeciding dumb self... mabey now you can see why i changed my mind so much... w/ these plans i had to be sure that i was getting a car tha ti knew i'd be happy with and was going to be spending a LOT of freakin money on. i wanted to make sure i was getting the right car for me. and i'm 100% posative that this is the car for me. thanks for all ur patience over the last..... YEAR or so lol.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Default RE: custom parts and future plans

wel just to throw in my quick opinion.. i think these are both bitchin ideas... i want a RHD car too... would be sick. there are a few around here... different cars though..

Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 AM

thanks, yea i could see somebody's point when they say "dude ur about to spend more money than the car is worth to sit in the passenger side" which is completely true BUT when you are going for a 1 of a kind, never ever going to be replicated eclipse that will be hopefully regionally if not nationally kown and magazine material... i want what i want plain and simple but if it ends up being liek a 10k project, and a 6 month build... iprolly own't do it. but under 6k and 1-2 months would be just fine w/ me.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:08 AM

i think those are bitchin ideas but i havent ever heard of anyone doing those to an eclipse but goodluck man keep us posted im sure everyone wants to know what you end up doing good luck with all the custom parts i want to see it in a magazine for sure

Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM

That sounds really cool espicially with the black top and CF stuff!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM

dude thats sounds badass i would love to do all that **** to my eclipse im just like you bro if i had the money i would drop every dime of it to turn my car into a mag car man i know people think that are cars arnt worth much but to some people its more then money value my car was givein to me by someone very special to me and so it could be a total rust bucket and i would still love it and want to put alot of money into it so hey dont let the people who are just pissed off because you can afford to do things to a car that they cant afford to do get you down i dont care what people say about my car its not gonna change how i feel about it anyway i just want to rant lol good luck with all that man

Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM

that's cool man. i'm glad i have full suport so far... i'm REALLY looking forward to this build. i've got some parts already HKS SSQ, Recirc Kit, Greddy Profec B Type S EBC, Greddy Auto Timer TT. i have a line on a cf hood that i may be gettin real soon. so the build is officially on the way. once i get it i'm thinkin about ordering my biggest/most expensive thing very first to get it out of the way which is the 2.3l 6 bolt stroker block w/ knife-edged crank, forged internals, prlly goin 8.5 or 8.8 compression and it will be bored .030 over. 2675 bucks

Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 AM

thats sounds awesome, but with the rhd(not to shoot down your idea) but i dont see any way that it could work. All parts would have to be custom made, think of the steering, pedals, center counsel, the way the steering is in the engine bay would all have to be redone. Dont get me wrong i think it would be sweet it you could pull it off, one of a kind for sure, but i think its just impossible to do....

Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM

well nothing is impossible. . .and that's why im trying to get some info on it to see if anybody has ever been dumb enough to try it lol. i know how much work it will be if i can do it consol, steering wheel, steering colomn, gauges, petals, master cylinders.... i know and it most likely won't happen but if i can find somebody who has done it before and see how much it cost and how long it took. do they have Eclipses overseas? if so are they RHD? if so i wonder how hard it owuld be to get a front clip... that would make everything a lot easier i think.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM

I think they did have something overseas. If i remember right it was just a "Mitsubishi Eclipse" not a gs rs or anything, just a Eclipse. Ill look around and see if i can find anything about it, i do remember reading something about it. Now i just have to find it.
HERE IS WHAT I COULD FIND:
That mitusbishi eclipse base like i mentioned above was available here in the US. It was only manufactured in 1996.5 and it didnt say anything about that particular model being available overseas, so i was wrong and i wonder why they didnt keep this trim level it had no tachometer, standard antenna, No rear defroster, no driving lights, 14" steel wheels with covers or center caps.
But there was a unique version of the 2G Eclipse sold in someEuropean countries. It used a normally-aspirated Mitsubishi 4G63 motor, similar to what was available in the 1G, unique sideview mirrors, and unique amber rear turn signals. If it was RHD i dont know and it didnt say but this would probably be your best bet to try and find some pics of and if they even exist anymore....

Quick Reply: custom parts and future plans