2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Decided on the brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Default Decided on the brakes

i just finished getting off the phone with the people at d2 racing and i decided to go with there big brake upgrade 8 piston fronts and 6 piston rears. can't wait to et them in i'll post some pics when i have time. peace

Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: Decided on the brakes

Nice kit, overkill and overpriced for daily driving, but nice kits.
Why did you decide on this kit over the others like Wilwood or even Baer? Also, why front and back? The main braking is done up front, not to mention....a 6 piston rear?!!
Do you autox or race on a closed circuit track...heavily? Do you have that much power on tap that you need kits like that? Don't take as a bash on you, I'm just curious.

Here was another site that had some good prices too. They also have front and rear setups.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.co...s.pl?record=14
I also read the rear kits may need to do away with the e-brake. You might want to check up on that if you have a manual.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Aparently he wants this to stop his 500hp monster

Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Aparently he wants this to stop his 500hp monster
hahahaha

Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 PM

well it's 600 hp but anyway i like it for show and i think it makes it look clean my opinion. go figure Seb would have some smart *** comment like always no sweat off my sack. i know the 8 piston front is a bit extreme but i already have the D2 coilovers and likes there products and a 6 piston rear is a bit much i agree but like i said it looks good and will stop on a dime. hate if you may just thought i would keep ya posted with which big brake i decided to go with and i agree they are a bit expensive but we get a pretty good discount at our shop not a huge discount but a good one. got both front and rears for 3500 shipped. plus i have a 150 shot speed is good and all but i would like to stop also lol. i just got it back last night from having a 6 point put in it. in my opinion i like the d2 and seb and josh can make fun of me all they want i was just keeping everyone up to speed on my project. thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 11:51 PM

oh yeah silver thanks for the link by the way i will pass it on to some of my buddies they might be interested in that.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Banned

It wasnt actually intended to be a smartass comment.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM

my apologizies then sorry so use to you guys bashing on me. but no hard feelings on my side.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned

You say it as if i single you out. Seriously i really couldnt care less. Regardless of who they are, if they post something stupid i will say something. Nothing personal

Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 AM

well you may speak your mind but i'm one to take up for myself and not affraid to speak my mind and not back down cause someone thinks something i say or do is stupid that's the persons (opinion). nothing personal just letting ya know i'm no bitch lol.

Quick Reply: Decided on the brakes