2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

decisions decisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Default RE: decisions decisions

well, i would say that if you have the money the 6 bolt swap is not a bad idea. i personally am always going to run a 7 bolt. if it crank walks i will build up another one. but it is gonna be a 7 bolt. they are better more efficient engines and if i crank walk.. well, it is the price i am willing to pay. as for you. i only say do the 6 bolt for your own peace of mind. i don't think it would be very likely for you to walk your crank on a freshly BUILT 7 bolt. and hell, if you can get 80k out of it and have it walk... well, i would think by then you would have more money. most people would take 5-6 years to put that kinda miles on a car. if it were me i would go with that 7bolt you are talking about. that sounds like a really good deal honestly. you should ask for more details on the engine... like everything that is in it or done to it. so, before you do anything, get all the specs of the engine and details of the rebuild. there is more you need to do to your car then just buy injectors, but get some specs on that engine and we can go fro there. and ask him who built it...

Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

You need to understand that there are people that have crankwalked rebuilt 7 bolts in just a few miles, and it does happen. And 600hp+ 7 bolts are with forged internals etc.

If you are going to do a swap at all, make it a 6 bolt. I was just trying to save you a little time and money but it sounds like you want to rip it out and put something in, so a6 bolt should be it.

Oh, and those prices for a rebuilt motor are super high by the way. My suggestion is just get one with low miles (30K) they can be found all over the internet.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 PM

Another post

Old 05-27-2008, 12:57 PM

yeah, sebba.. i know they can crank walk that soon. just not very likely if it were to happen to me i would be pissed. but hey, i kinda like working on cars. and it is my toy... so why the hell not? lol... i am not like most ppl. hell, i wanna turn my gst into a gsx, just for the fun of doing all the work. who cares if i can just buy one. lol. i am also planning on building a crx dsm powerplant. i am hoping i could custom facricate some way to make it awd... i will try o find some way.. but hell, first i have to get the engine in the car. lol... i like to work on cars, thats just how i am. and i learn as i go, or ask people and learn wutever it takes. so, for practicality, it would be a wise choice for the 6 bolt since you have the money anyways... and you know it won't crankwalk...

but i am an ***.. and i like to do things the hard way. lol. makes it more fun.