2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

denso #mb943259 behind radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Default denso #mb943259 behind radio

Still fighting the battle with the faulty wiring, My brother and I have traced down the wiring diagram, and one particular spot it lead to was the denso unit. A quick search on google revealed it to be a "flasher module" (idfk) Im wondering if this could be myissue? Apparently the door ajar sensors, interior lights, lighter socket, and diagnostic port are all tied together somewhere on the same circuit, all wiring combining to what the haynes manual said was some kind of ecu (I only know of the 2 in the engine bay, is there more within the dash?) and these are all items that do not work, and this denso unit was aling the circuit in question. My brother said it looked similar to the "lumicon" module in his subaru, and had to witch his out at one point.

PLEASE HELP!!! 60-100 views and 00 replies on almost every post in the past year

Old 03-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

that module is what controls the flashing speed of the blinkers. Here is a guy that was actually modifying his if you go to post #5
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showth...flasher+module

Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 PM

Thanks TE I know I can always count on you for info. Unfortunately like that thread pointed out, its just a relay control for the turn and hazard lights. If those lights still work then itc clearly not my problem. So now I must ask... is there a computer within the dash? I only know of the two in the engine bay and Id imagine theyre fine if the car runs and drives with no problem. I dont wanna pull the dash off and find no benefit.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

there isnt any computer that i know of behind the dash. Perhaps you just have a bad wire somewhere rather than a bad part

Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 PM

frankly I think youre right I just really dont wanna go tracing thru a ****load of wires, already tried a quick check on the wires immediately accessable. Im thinkin I really dont need those interior lights and ****, it just really kills me about the diag port. would it be unwise to see if I can splice a wire on the live wire for that and run it to a power source, if thatd work?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 PM

is it possible that i may be having the same problem as you?

i have a 98 eclipse, everything works except for the interior lights. the lights on the rear view mirror work when the door opens, but they do not turn on with the instrument panel switch. i have checked fuses and tested some connections, i even pulled out the aftermarket stereo and went over all the wires one by one to make sure the harnesses matched up right. everything seems to be getting fire and all the parts that i somewhat tested are working properly. but when i turn the dimmer switch turn on the headlights, only the exterior lights work. i tried tail light fuses and headlight fuses with no luck, my next step is to buy all new fuses and see if maybe some of them are just too old. it seems the only thing left is to test each wire but if i only knew where each wire went when it goes behind the dash, it wouldnt be a problem.

please tell me im overlooking something, does my seat have to be at a 90 degree angle for the lights to work? its so dark in there at night =(

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM

I had some what the same problem a few years ago, it turned out to be one of the pink fuses in the fuse panel under the hood, it's hard to tell when they are broken when it blew it did so on the side. I blew mine trying to tie in aftermarket LEDS into the interior fuse panel, I lost ALL interior power.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Question dashboard lights very dim

After reading all the posts so far I am going to try replacing all fuses with new ones today and then see if this makes a difference, I wanted to open the dash to see if it was a bulb but will wait and check the obvious first I had a mechnic and auto store clerk check for me but, if you want something done right you have to be willing to do it yourself. If that doesn't work how do I get to the cluster to change the interior bulb which I really think may be it. Is it a quick fix or a soldering item? Any responses are greatly appreciated. (1994 Mitsubshi Mirage)

Last edited by Aljewels; 10-29-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: forgot to post the car make
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Default mb943259

I bought a 97 eclipse in April. This thing is nothing but an electrical NIGHTMARE. I replaced my stereo with an after market stereo, and my dash lights went out. Now I need a blinked. P/N: mb943259 I need this blinker. I can't find it ANYWHERE online. If anyone can give me some guidance with either one of these issues, I will be so greatfull!