2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

DONE! DO i need to know anything before turning it on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: DONE! DO i need to know anything before turning it on?

Well see that's a different case. You had 3 people check then that KNEW what they were looking for AND you're ditching the car. But Agallardo on the other hand is planning on keeping the car. Like I always say. If you're going to do it, do it right the first time and don't have to do it again.

Speaking of the head studs BTW They JUST came in today w00t!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:50 PM

NICE! have fun with em... LOL!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM

i knowwhat you mean, i'm the same way, even though i'm gettin rid of the car i still used the cometic head gasket that i bought for my engine rebuild in prep for my turbo. when i was planning on going turbo my friends were gettin pissed at me b/c i never made any moves on my engine but it's b/c i wanted everything built right before i did it!!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly. Just like I'm going to do for my street/race block I'm building. I'm going to do it right the first time and not have to second guess ANYTHING. That means everything will be either new or tested (Head and block to a machine shop for die checks and leveling decking and shaving as necessary, new parts all over the place, pistons, rods, bearings, crank polished and bearing matched... ECT.) Already got ARP head studs, debating the head gasket right now.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:28 AM

Well, let us know how it goes Sanguinius. Have fun. Did you blow the head gasket or something. It tookme like 4 weeks, because i can only work on my car on weekends and most of the time I didnt have the tools and had to wait for parts, etc.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

No actually mine was worse than a blown head gasket. That would have been an easy job. I had a combination of problems hit at once. Timing chain slap (new chain and guides), oil pump shat itself (Replaced it though) and then after getting that work done (Cleaning and whatnot as well) I found that the engine is about to spin a bearing. So I'm going to have to tear it down and rebuild it. The problem is going to be the $ for parts mostly.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:13 AM

i hear ya man... i think you and i have the same car luck lol. i bought my new 93 del slo from a friend for 1000 to drive around while i was working on my curent eclipe and in between my GS and GSX however 2 days after i bought it i broke a cv axel lol, had to replace that, well the damn thing was faulty and snapped the same way. so after 5 days w/o a car, i finally got the del slo back on the road, then come to find out i now have a fuel block somewhere in either my fuel rail or inectores in the eclipse. fun. so i'm still drivin the del slo slowly gettin the eclipse runnin again. then sellin the damn thing!!!! LOVE to get either a GSX or EVO but just don' thave the funds right now b/c i'm fixin my house up to be the ultimate bachelor pad lol