2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

The drivetrains on GST and GSX...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Default RE: The drivetrains on GST and GSX...

I knew the GSX was too high, and after research so was the GST but not by a lot. When the time comes ill see if I can get the GST dropped more. As for the GSX...depends on if the dealers will drop nearly half their price. I do have patience so if neither car works out ill simply wait for a better deal.

Im kinda stuck with buying from a dealer though. I dont have the money to buy private, just enough for a decent down payment. I really like the sound of the GSX, AWD will be different and fun. Im not a fan of FWD and their light driving style as much. But I will test it out just to make sure...no sense in assuming and being wrong. Thanks again...im expecting my money this week if not definitely by Monday.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'd definately look for an independant seller maybe work out a payment plan with them. That or talk to your bank about a personal loan for it. It'll work just like a regular car loan they'll hold the title and all but you'll be buying from a private seller instad of the lot. Also a person can put a lien on a title as well. That way the person you bought from acts as the bank and can take the car back if payments aren't made. See there ARE other options than a car lot. Just be careful of the inflated prices.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:40 PM

i bought my 97 gst spyder for 9 grand but it had been babyed never driven in the rain grage kept oilchanged every3000 miles syn-oil only
no boby damage and a pefecto int with only 59000 miles on it and a ACT stage 2 clutch in it ..i think i got a good deal

Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: anko_kun

i bought my 97 gst spyder for 9 grand but it had been babyed never driven in the rain grage kept oilchanged every3000 miles syn-oil only
no boby damage and a pefecto int with only 59000 miles on it and a ACT stage 2 clutch in it ..i think i got a good deal
No boby damage? Don't know and destructgive kids named Boby? LOL Yeah for the price you paid if it was THAT well taken care of then I'd say you got a decent price. Also depends how long ago you got it and how many miles on it.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

This is al good for traction but you could never out launch a gsx with a gs-t. The great thing about AWD is messing around in snow or rain or even on a dry road sometimes you can kick out the back end. But thats just all fun stuff. As i said the launch of an awd car will always win unless you have drag radials or something
i for one was never one to mess around in the snow or rain. i only love goin in a straight line (highway or strip) but aside from the first200ft is the only advantage awd has over a well setup FWD n i used to use Toyo T1s tires n would hit constistant 1.8 60's. with the lower weight i could catch just about anything. for me its not always about ET if i run a 16 sec ET but trap 145mph id be damn happy cause i dont care what kinda car it is if your trappen 130 plus your moven

Old 02-14-2006, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

ORIGINAL: anko_kun

No boby damage? Don't know and destructgive kids named Boby? LOL Yeah for the price you paid if it was THAT well taken care of then I'd say you got a decent price. Also depends how long ago you got it and how many miles on it.
i cant spell body damage O...look i just did ...i got it 4/05 it had 59000 when i got it

Old 02-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Not bad sounds like you got a fairly decent deal on it then. But the prices this dealership is giving him are ridiculous.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 AM

ya for real he dose not know any thing about those cars and they could be pecies

Old 02-15-2006, 01:04 AM

is there a warrenty?? on either car

Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to guess it's got the standard 10K miles or 1 year (Maybe less) warranty. Even if they DO have warranties it's STILL overpriced by a TON... Dealership is making a KILLING if they get rid of them at THAT price!!

Quick Reply: The drivetrains on GST and GSX...