2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Eclipse vs Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Eclipse vs Jetta

actually the only reason i didnt buy a 00 prelude was cause it was an auto, if it wasnt i would probly be on a honda forum right now (dont kill me) j/k....... but i test drove it and the eclipse, i just liked the eclipse a little better cause it is a 5 spd and a conv......... but the lude was a little quicker thru 1st and 2nd........... but i hit 3rd in my spyder and could tell it would outrun the lude from there on, just a little more performance in the middle gears than the lude..........

Old 10-12-2004, 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SpyderGS

I'd say VW or Audi should revamp the platform to compete with the Evo or STI, but then again, they own Porsche so they could probably care less(the Carrera GT is frickin cool!).

uhh, actually VW does not own Porsche.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM

Good thing you didn't go to that honda forum (www.superhonda.com).
Those prelude guys are downright jerks. They flame anybody who doesn't
drive a nice VTEC. They flamed me for asking questions about my 86 prelude.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:55 PM

[/quote]

uhh, actually VW does not own Porsche.
[/quote]

They don't? I could have sworn i heard somewhere that they bought it over along with Audi. I guess the Taureg/Cayenne was just a small partnership type thing. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:00 PM

yea, i ran into that type the other night, at a buddies house and this kid who drives a prelude, nice lookin, quick, comes over, walks in the door and the first thing out of his mouth is (talkin to a friend of mine) "i raced you and smoked your ***", so were all like u should probly just leave now before somethin bad happens to you or your car............. so he starts talkin ****, "oh, ill smoke your *** too", and all this other crap, so were all like ok, and your point is, then he says "what, you want an *** whoopin", now this is not the kinda thing you say to my friends, and def. not to me..... so this kid walks up on me, now im not one to get into a fight, but this little punk was askin for it, this kid actually had the ***** to take a swing at me, i blocked it, and this little punk looks at me like WTF was that, so i tell him if he really wants his *** beat to try again, looks at me and my friends, then backs away from us, wont even turn around and walk out, wont take his eyes off us, like were gonna jump him when his back is turned or somethin........ anyway point of the story is yea, i know the type........ sorry, kinda went off on a tangent there.......

Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 PM

Man, that's crazy that the kid had the ***** to do that. I know not all Prelude owners are full of themselves. When it comes to the whole cars thing, every group has their humble drivers and their arrogant drivers. There are lots of guys around here that think they're 2 Fast 2 Furious just cause their car has a body kit and exhaust tip....all show and no go.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:25 AM

Those are probably the same type of kids that end up killing themselves in car races too. I'm kinda glad i don't have the spyder anymore, i don't have anybody trying to race me or saying they're car can take on my car. But it's always better to just walk away and avoid confrontation, maybe that kid would have learned that if you guys beat him down and set his car on fire.....

For any members that are new and read this post, i don't advocate violence. Just an FYI, I mostly joke...don't go away thinking "Spydergs said he's taking names and kicking ***", most girls can beat me up in real life[&o].

Old 10-15-2004, 02:38 PM

HAHAHAHA, its ok spyder, they do it to me too.............