2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

the eclipse vs mustang challenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: the eclipse vs mustang challenge

^^^the reason is because it allows you to have a car that doesnt eat gas, run off stock ECU, have a good idle, and also not run larger injectors at a small duty cycle. This way you can just add the more fuel when you need it (under hard boost) and yet still have the car run like stock under no boost

Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 2geclipse9435

there is really no buget but i saw the 8 injector set up and dont understand why you would to that if u can just get bigger injectors im intreged if anyone has info on that please tell me
Damn TE beat me too it

about the motor swap to a 4g63 no good why would i do that its to much money to do the swap when i can just keep the 420a and build that up
I keep trying to tell them. Use what you have and make the best of it. Build it and they will come, boost it and they will drool.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 PM

no offense but if money isn't a problem then a 4g63 swap shoudn't be a problem either.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 PM

just to get everyone off the subject about the 4g63 everyone and there brother swears by this motor whitch dontget me wrong its a great motor but everyone and there brother builds those i am doing the 420a because its different its somthing not everyone does and i will beat this mustang with this motor just to **** ppl off lol. i will have to reconsider the 8 injector set up sounds pretty cool and in my oppinion a combustion engine is a combustion engine they all do the same thing and if u build them right it will hall ***

Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 AM

just to get everyone off the subject about the 4g63 everyone and there brother swears by this motor whitch dontget me wrong its a great motor but everyone and there brother builds those i am doing the 420a because its different its somthing not everyone does and i will beat this mustang with this motor just to **** ppl off lol. i will have to reconsider the 8 injector set up sounds pretty cool and in my oppinion a combustion engine is a combustion engine they all do the same thing and if u build them right it will hall ***
^^^^I like this guy

ORIGINAL: tjbiker031

i heard one of the evo's engines fit in their perfectly. it would be cheaper to do that than build up that engine.
You are correct, as far as I know the EVO 6-9 fit with no major modifcations. I dont know about the rear end tho. Still trying to find out how the gas tank and rear suspension will bolt up on our cars. Its a high dollar swap and would be better of used for road racing rather than drag racing. Swap price is roughly around 15K-$20K. And will put you somewherein the 12's.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

^^in which case you could spend that on the 420a and be running faster than that. So not really worth it.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Nice Sebba I love it!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

ORIGINAL: tjbiker031

i heard one of the evo's engines fit in their perfectly. it would be cheaper to do that than build up that engine.
You are correct, as far as I know the EVO 6-9 fit with no major modifcations. I dont know about the rear end tho. Still trying to find out how the gas tank and rear suspension will bolt up on our cars. Its a high dollar swap and would be better of used for road racing rather than drag racing. Swap price is roughly around 15K-$20K. And will put you somewherein the 12's.
Easy fix. The gas tank of the GSX works just fine. The rear of the GSX will also work fine. The driveshaft can be manipulated or created to fit the EVO transfer case and the GSX rear diff by simply using both ends and cutting near middle...ok, not really the middle, but the knuckles would be a good place.
The motor swap is a drop in, unless you want to move the motor over about an 8th of an inch to allow some play on the passenger's side strut tower area.

Everything will cost some serious cash if the work is done outside of the community and when the person behind the wrench is not as knowledgable as they may appear. Doing a swap like this at home will require time and know-how or just a lot of research. Either way, it will cost someone something. But if you're dead set on sticking with the 420a, then build it up. I know of plenty of built 420a powered Avengers. Here's one getting an 8 injector system done and then some... http://aseclub.net/forums/index.php?...0458&st=60 There are many others on that site with powerful 420As, just look around. Hell, Pappi has an Avenger and so do I and we're here in a Mitsu site.
Remember that just because you have an Eclipse, it doesn't mean that you're stuck with that platform in terms of ideas. The motor alone is shared by two other platforms, besides the Eclipse. Hell, you can build your 420a into a 2.4L like the SRT-4..but that's a harder build than it's worth IMO.
Anyway, carry on.