2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

euro gauges went out

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Default euro gauges went out

well tonight i went to the store and i started up my car and my euro gauges lighting up....they were just working when i went into the store i walk out start my car and they are not working....i checked the fuse nope...for the gagues .....i check all the wiring and it look right no lose wires...any one know whats wrong....the wiring for the euro gauges goes to the dimmer switch...what had duck tape on them....I wish i could figure it out...My Headlights work just not my euro gauge lights....HELP PLEASE

Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Default RE: euro gauges went out

The lighting for the overlays were attached to the stock dimmer ****? Didn't they come with it's own dimmer switch, aka, digital converter?
What's this you're saying about the duct tape again?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:05 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

The lighting for the overlays were attached to the stock dimmer ****? Didn't they come with it's own dimmer switch, aka, digital converter?
What's this you're saying about the duct tape again?
yes it has its own dimmer switch aka digital converter....and the duct tape is wraped around the wires...stupid ****ing *** hole...I mean the guy that owned it before

the power stuff for the euro gauges is wired to the same wires as the stock dimmer Switch

Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 AM

Do the lights to on the HVAC controls still turn on and dim? If so, your stock dimmer switch is fine...that's a big worry when connecting to a light source AFTER the **** instead of before the **** without a relay.

See, duct tape has no electrical insulation properties, lol. Your digital converter could be dead. Check everything over during the day, just to be sure and before you either toss the gauges or buy a new converter.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Its odd that it would just stop working like that, even if duct tape were used.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Do the lights to on the HVAC controls still turn on and dim? If so, your stock dimmer switch is fine...that's a big worry when connecting to a light source AFTER the **** instead of before the **** without a relay.

See, duct tape has no electrical insulation properties, lol. Your digital converter could be dead. Check everything over during the day, just to be sure and before you either toss the gauges or buy a new converter.
well the lights on HVAC controls they don't work....after last night

Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 AM

well i just got everything working....it was the fuse to the tail lamps "just needed light outside to see.."...thanx silvercoupe97 for the help

Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 AM

lol, haha, maybe it was crankwalk, Nate

Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 AM

LMMFAO....Thats funny

Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 AM

i was going to ask you if your tail lights were out or not. i had that same problem a long time ago before my aftermarket gauges and headlights and it was the fuse to my fog lights. there was a short and every time i turned them on it would blow the fuse to my fog lights, gauge lights and tail lights.

Quick Reply: euro gauges went out