2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Default Exhaust

Ok guys iv decided to keep my eclipse and begin making it into a money pit. I thought id first start with the exhaust. Instead of just getting an Apexi turbo app. cannister muffler, i would go ahead and get a larger downpipe and maybe larger piping running to the muffler. My question is how wide should the downpipe and piping be? im running with the sick stock t25 right now but i will be upgrading to the evo 16g soon. Would the downpipe flange fit both? I also "searched" the site for these questions. Thanks

Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned
Default RE: Exhaust

You rock for using the search function. As far as what downpipe would match up, i really dont know.

You could get the Apexi N1, not just the tip, and get a downpipe that would match up and that would be fine. For a 16g, the 2.5" piping will be just fine.

There are a few other crutial things you should make sure before modding your car. For example, fixing any tiny mechanical problem you have. This means oil leaks, coolant leaks, check engine light. If you dont know when your timing belt was changed, change it (every 60k). Also do a compression test to see if the engine is even worth modding. You never know.

As far as getting the exhaust, there are other cheaper things at this stage that will be more benifitial to you. For example, a boost controller and a boost gauge set at 16psi would help you a lot more than an exhaust would.

Any questions?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 PM

2.5 thanks man. And yeah lol the whole oil/coolant problem has been fixed, It was the oil cooler. The engine now has new belts and plugs, its in great shape. I have 3 guages and more minor things but i wont be installing these and modding my car for about 3 months. I should then have enough money to buy all the mods i want. Right now im just planning.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Banned

Good call!

How many miles are on the car?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 AM

186K. but the only other owner never ragged it. It doesnt smoke or miss, it really is a good engine.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

damn thats alot of miles . But as long as its holding up. Compression test is definetly a good idea then.

As far as what downpipe. They will all fit the t25 as well as the 16g because both turbos use the same o2 housing. 2.5" will be fine for a downpipe, but 3" is definetly perfered for the catback

Old 12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

But what downpipewill match up with the N1 catback?

Uuuh, how old is the clutch? lol

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

well any one since the n1 catback is designed to bolt to the stock cat. and the downpipes are designed to bolt to the stock catback. They all use the same flange sizes usually

Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Thats what i thought at first, but i told that to someone and it turned out to be not so true and he bitched me out.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Was it because the flanges were welded at a different degrees? That happened to me, easy fix though I just madea plate to fit inbetween the two and just bolted the two to the plate. Tried to upload aphoto to show ya, but all I have is paint which saves it as bitmap.

Quick Reply: Exhaust