2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Exhaust mod?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Exhaust mod?

No... Rons right.. How much power do you THINK you get with those items, Jason?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:43 PM

all i know is my car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy faster than stockbut i seen a chip in there and dang usually u get atleast 10hp from that alone and thats at the low end ive never seen ne one put a chip in a car and get only 10hp out of it but hey if the 420a ecu tune is that crappy then i understand his anger with it but i do have a ported and polished head so when i open that thing up it sounds like a VTEC on crack with the roar and i do have an msd ignition too i forgot about that on my sig mods list

Old 08-29-2007, 03:47 PM

lol, why would you compare a DSM (420a or not) to a Honduh ****box?? Yes, you prolly DO get 10hp with a chip... to the crank...
I beat 350zs with ****tier cars than that one.. So dont overestimate the car because its taken that.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:53 PM

well its the only noise i can compare it to! i took a lego mustang Gt too i think thats like 02 or something i think they look like a lego car with the back lights all square and stuff but ne ways i cant member what else an 06 accord 2dr v6 too and a h23 prelude i think thats it right now the Rx8 wanted to race me but there was too much traffic oh yea and a dual cam 93 240 that wasnt stock either (not an sr tho) i dunno with all that stuff that he was listing and as hard as my car pulls the only conclusion i could draw is that something had to be wrong....but like i said i dunno

Edit: i dont underestimate my car thats why i say it has beaten this and this. my car is only as fast as it is and the only thing i have to compare to it is the cars that ive beaten so its not really braggin but sayin hey i beat this draw ur conclusions on how fast U think my car is kinda thing i was surprised when i pulled the 350 and the mustang gt and i pulled the gt more so i was like 2 cars on him

Old 08-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Well I had an OBXR muffler on mine and it sounded pretty clean.... Not just my opinion.... But others aswell

Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 AM

Keep it nice folks. Opinions are relative and should be taken as is...opinions. Stick to the facts and no one can say otherwise. Let's keep all the hate on Talk and Tuner's

I'll reiterate what was stated earlier...
Go with a catback. A full exhaust will only remove too much back pressure which is needed on an N/A, especially a 4 cylinder. A free flowing muffler will only serve to make the output louder, it will not gain any power and a 3" exhaust, whether catback or full will only cause you to lose back pressure and torque. An muffler with a little more restrictions or passages will serve to tone down the note and keep the exhaust velocity down close to stock. 2.5" piping will work fine and go with a catback with as straight of a piping as possible <---very obtainable since there's nothing back there to go around.
If you want a faster N/A spend $3k+, don't piddle with the littel stuff as that will just have to be removed anyway.
Flex piping was mentioned, I hope that wasn't going to be used for anything other than a flexing point for the downpipe and cat.
That's all the things that were brought up in the previous posts and are all facts. Now you decide what you want to do.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 AM

...just to be clear...
Back pressure isn't the issue, it's exhaust velocity and temp when pipe sizing is in question. Too big of piping will slow down the velocity of exhaust gases and will also cool the exhaust before it leaves the pipes. Again, I would suggest nothing bigger than 2.5" tubing after the cat.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM

i just want to clarify.... are you saying that you pulled (in your 420a'd eclipse) on a Mustang GT, v6 accord, and a 350z? i thinik i must have read it wrong.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Dude Jason you are posting BS up the @ss. [sm=headbang.gif]Yeah right, im sure you pulled on a any of those cars. Look with the mods you have, and not being FI, there is no way that your car is any better than a high 15 sec car (and that is being generous) And you are talking like you are beating these 14 sec cars by 1-2 lengths. That would be saying you have a 14-13 sec 420a. You are the biggest tool for trying to say you beat these cars. Even if you did race them, i doubt they even tried. And the only possible way you will ever sway me from these facts about your car is if you take it to the track and show a video and timeslip of your car. [sm=owned.gif]

Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 PM

.....b u r n....

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod?