2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Exhaust for my RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Default Exhaust for my RS

Well, My turbo upgrade for my 99 RS is put on hold for a little while until my dad comes back to vegas. Until then though i have been looking at Exhaust systems for my car and i am unsure. All the exhausts that i've found that fit the 420a application seem to be maxximum 60mm which sounds (to me) quite small. Since i plan on doing the turbo i figure that i would need AT LEAST a 70mm exhaust system if not much larger, but i'm having trouble finding one. Anyone got some advice for me?

Old 09-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Default RE: Exhaust for my RS

size does not make the exhaust. how the metal is bent, how strait the piping is, and how direct the path is, are all factors.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:27 AM

But bigger is always better when it comes to a turbo application isn't it? I want to get as much flow as possible on my car while keeping it legal and such.

I already looked at the greddy evo2 the HKS exhaust and a few others and there all only 60mm. It just seems small for a car that will be turbo soon enough.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Size matter with turbo cars. but is not the bigger the better. most of the time 3in is the best because car isnt modded insanely to need bigger.

If you want a 3in cause your planing a turbo setup then buy GST exhaust and use it they are the same bolt up. I know this because on my 3G I used 95-99 GS\RS Apexi N1 exhaust and all I had to do was cut off the hanger and swap them on the other side and I know that all the 3G I4 guys who turbo there car were useing GSt exhaust and doing the same as I did and it fit fine. So you wouldnt even need to cut the hangers off and put them on the other side it is a bolt on deal

Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Size matter with turbo cars. but is not the bigger the better. most of the time 3in is the best because car isnt modded insanely to need bigger.

If you want a 3in cause your planing a turbo setup then buy GST exhaust and use it they are the same bolt up. I know this because on my 3G I used 95-99 GS\RS Apexi N1 exhaust and all I had to do was cut off the hanger and swap them on the other side and I know that all the 3G I4 guys who turbo there car were useing GSt exhaust and doing the same as I did and it fit fine. So you wouldnt even need to cut the hangers off and put them on the other side it is a bolt on deal
Aright, thanks man.