2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

exhaust system...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Default exhaust system...

im putting a urethane blitz kit on my 98 eclipse this week and that stock exhaust just wont work for me anymore. will look like ****.... ive been looking at a full greddy exhaust system because i liked the sound of it on my friends civic. i dont want a loud exhaust system, just a better looking one and a more efficient one. i have a loud system in my car and all i wanna listen to is my music, not my exhaust competing with it. if anyone can tell me how the greddy exhuast sounds on a 98 automatic 2.0 id appreciate it or suggest a different system (full system, not just the tip) that isnt loud id appreciate it. thank you.

Old 09-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Default RE: exhaust system...

I have a Greddy catback exhaust for my 98 eclipse spyder. I have a 2.4 liter, however I believe that this is probably the brand you should purchase. It's exactly as you put it, not that loud and not too quiet. It's just perfect and you will be able to put a system in your car without being interrupted by the sound of the exhaust.

Old 09-04-2004, 03:00 PM

thank you for the response fatal, i appreciate it. if anyone else still wants to respond ill be open to all comments until i buy the new exhaust in a couple weeks. the more information and feedback i can pile up, the better. thank you all.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:14 PM

ttt cause i am in the same boat... i need an exhaust and dont want a farty sounding can but want something noticeable (subtle)

Old 09-05-2004, 09:14 PM

Go with the Greddy guys. Greddy makes them so that they are below the decibal level by law but at WOT they sound good. Nice and throaty. Not a fart can.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 PM

i have the thermal R&D and mine is really quiet.. and its friggin hugh.. test pipe to 3" to 5" tip..

Old 09-10-2004, 03:56 PM

honestly..... im not a big fan of greddy exhausts...... i just put a borla exhaust on my 95 gsx and i LOVE it....... and my friend got a 5zigen exhaust for his 98 spyder and it kinda sounds like a 350Z but a little different

Old 09-12-2004, 11:00 PM

I was looking at exausts and saw the APEXi N1 Style
Axle Back Exhaust. I don't have that big of a budget and was wondering what everybody thought of it. I also was thinking about buying a Remus Universal Exahaust. Which one do you think is quieter and which one do you think puts out more power.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:07 AM

APEXi..... i dont know why but i dont like universal parts.... they always seem to cause problems

Old 09-14-2004, 06:47 PM

Apexi is my fav. front pipe> full 3" sounds great. BUT, I have turbo, so it decreases the exhaust noise some... and just saying, if you have a nice system in your car, you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to hear it over your exhaust. as long as you aren't bottle necking it somewhere you should have enough flow to keep the waves smooth and steady, eliminating not only backfire problems, but high dec. output

Quick Reply: exhaust system...