2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

fixed my clutch+ a nice kill to go with it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Default fixed my clutch+ a nice kill to go with it...

i just had to post this cuz i am really excited!!! my clutch stopped working last week so i have been out a car for a little bit. so i was able to get a hookup on a brand new master and slave cylinder... 52 bucks for both!! helps to know a mechanic =)... put the two in today and bled it real good! (had some pdeal pump up problems) so i had to adjust it a few times to get it just right. and now it works great! just wanted to post this cuz i am happy and my car is back on the road running strong!!!

to express how bad it was, both cylinders were horribly shot, and there was ,aybe an ounce of fluid in there if i am lucky!! it was so dry!! and i am suprised i made it home from where i was at when it went out!!! holy cow... i was suprised to see how bad they both were, every seal in both were shot!! lol..

anyways, time to keep rolling the clock i now have 200200 miles on the odometer and went out for a 1 hour joyride when i got it working right! so much fun!! there was a wrx that tried to race me, the new 2.5 non turbo..lol...he took off in first, shifted to second...started to pull away by like 2 cars... and i was just kinda chillin =)... my brother told me to punch it so i was at like 2500rpm in second and stepped on it, maybe like 3 seconds later i was flying by the guy... he had a look on his face the "HOLY ****!!" and my brother just laughed... so nice to be up n running again!!

Old 02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Default RE: fixed my clutch+ a nice kill to go with it...

hah, good to hear you got it fixed, thats the best part.. Nice kill too

Old 02-12-2007, 02:38 PM

nice kill dude!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:45 PM

my stepdad, i just found out is getting an sti, i told him evo's were more top notch... handling, interior, and reliability, but he refuses to listen... so now i am gonna have to get a few more upgrade parts, like plugs, fuel pump, and some other things... and i am gonna try to get another kill story up here =)... hopefully my driving and my car will be fast enough to get him and show him whats up!! what you guys think i will need to get him (with a noticable win like a car or two)

Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM

the only thing i like better about an STI is the sound... you can NOT beat that un-equal length header sound! tooooo damn sexy. but other than that, EVO is cheaper to mod and will out handle an STI without blinking an eye.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM

i know he wont understand tho... but, what you think i would need to beat him?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

tell your father to go and test drive both. Im sure that will change his mind . I dont even like the sound of the STI either. Pretty much a turbo upgrade to beat him

Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM

what kind of car do you have and what are your current mods?

Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM

yo i just fixd my tranny so meand you must be the happiest dudes on this forum[:@]

Old 02-12-2007, 05:28 PM

well:

1998 gst
16g evo3 turbo, ported and clipped, ported dump pipe
headers, 3 inch catback exhaust
mbc
greddy type rs BOV
k&n filter/ injen intake
umm, dunno what else, but planning on getting a better fuel pump and bigger injectors, also, might get an afc and tune it. but other then that i dunno. currently i am running about 15psi... when i do my mods i would run like 19psi... maybe if i were to race him i would run down and get some race gas.. and turn it up to about 21-22 psi. don't know tho.

what you guys think? how will i fare with my CURRENT MODS, my expected mods, and the different boost ;levels/race gas...

need an analysis seperatley.

i think the only thing he would do to that car is get a k&n filter... thats about it..

Quick Reply: fixed my clutch+ a nice kill to go with it...