Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   front wheel to all wheel drive (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/front-wheel-all-wheel-drive-23075/)

se4448 10-28-2007 12:28 AM

front wheel to all wheel drive

I want to change my front wheel drive GSX to a all wheel drive, does anyone know if that would be expensive? and for the price, is it really worth it?

Natedogg89 10-28-2007 12:35 AM

RE: front wheel to all wheel drive

**NEWS FLASH** If you have a GSX you already have AWD!!!!But if your talking about swapping a GST to AWD. Yes its been done, no its no the easiest. Suspension, gas tank and all that is different. You need drive shaft, x-case and a lot more. Not really worth it IMO, just buy a GSX. Easier and faste

se4448 10-28-2007 12:40 AM

yeah my bad GST, alright thanks. another thing, i want to take my mufflerand everythingoff and get a full exhaust, since i have a welder i can make one myself but i dont know if straight pipes will work.

bestwiseguy 10-28-2007 08:49 AM

Just buy a good aftermarket exhaust like apexi or greddy. They will bolt right up.

dsm1990gsx 10-28-2007 10:37 AM

First off how much money do u have, b/c its very expensive and time consuming.

sk8dudety 10-28-2007 11:36 AM

it can be expensive, but it's one of the cheaper performance parts you can buy for your car

se4448 10-28-2007 01:08 PM

i just need to buy some pipe and then im good, i'll weld that right on with 1 resonator and the stock muffler, that should be good

Natedogg89 10-28-2007 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: se4448

i just need to buy some pipe and then im good, i'll weld that right on with 1 resonator and the stock muffler, that should be good
Its not always that easy. Why do you want to keep the stock muffler? Even if you run 3 inch turbo back, which isnt good on a T-25 anyway(no backpressure) you still get to the muffler and then its reduced again. Just buy a universal Apexi, hks, or greddy muffler and weld that up if you insist on making your own. I would say just buy a already bent system from greddy or apexi and be done with it. Have you looked under the car? It takes two nasty bends which i couldnt even get a exhaust shop to do for me when i wanted 3inch with my old HKS muffler. Needless to say i sold that muffler and bought a Apexi system.

TheEngineer 10-29-2007 06:40 AM

Well unless you have a pipe bender that can do mandrel bends then its pointless to do your own exhuast, youll just be hurting the system

se4448 10-29-2007 08:57 AM

can't you buy pipes already bent and just weld them together to make the exhaust, no matter how tight the bends are?