2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Gauge setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Default Gauge setup

I am getting a dashboard gauge pod so I can install a real boost gauge. The only thing I'm not sure about is what to get for the second one cause the pod holds two. I kind of want to get a voltmeter cause I don't really like not having one, that's something I like to be able to see. My other choices are possibly a better oil pressure gauge or oil temp, not really sure what I wanna go with. Or there's always a clock, autometer makes analog clocks that are designed the same way and size as their gauges. I thought of that if all else fails since our cars don't have one and I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the clock on my pioneer deck it came with.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Default RE: Gauge setup

How far are you planning on taking the car?

Oil Pressure is a GREAT gauge to have if you are using an OIL cooled/ WATER cooled turbo. Which most ALL the ones you will choose from will be. I also recommend a nice EGT gauge.

Old 12-25-2004, 03:53 PM

I don't think I'll end up doing huge things to it, If it had it where I would actually want it on a daily basis I would probably upgrade the turbo and would probably be happy with around 350 hp in the end. I can always add a pillar pod later if I need more gauges but I'm just trying to figure out what would be most useful to me right now. It will probably be a year or two before I do anything beyond the boost controller and maybe an exhuast. I've got another year and a half left in college and don't have lots of money to spare or that I should really spend.

Old 12-25-2004, 09:47 PM

350hp would warrant a REAL oil pressure gauge. If you are upgrading the turbo at anytime you might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for it. That or a GOOD EGT. The GReddy is expensive, but I have used it for tuning and have come in pretty good in comparasion to a dynometer.

Either way you can't lose and it will serve a better purpose than a clock or volt meter in the DSM.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:18 PM

Yea, I had been leaning towards oil pressure especially with the turbo. I probably won't get to any of this until the spring or summer, at least install wise so I've got some time to think about it.